NEED BALLAST BAGS

Old June 9th 06, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default NEED BALLAST BAGS

All,
I need to replace the ballast bags in my ASW-20C. Wings and Wheels
does not have any, nor does John Murray at Eastern Sailplane. John
says his Smiley supplier appears to no longer be in business, leaving
only the Schleicher factory as a source.
I suspect the factory will be horribly expensive, so if anyone has a
set they would like to sell, or know where I might find a set, I'd
appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

Old June 10th 06, 11:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I bought a set for a 20B made here (Oz) about three years ago. I can
find the name of the manufacturer if you'd like. What sort of price
were you hoping for?

GC

Old June 11th 06, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was hoping to pay no more than about $400 delivered to my door. Just
by looking at them, ballast bags should not be that expensive. The
materials are not exotic, and the fittings are crude at best. I'll bet
there is less than $50 in materials alone.
Thanks for checking!