Foam

Old September 16th 03, 05:12 PM
BD5ER

Default Foam

I got this link here several months ago. It looks like a good value and I plan
to pad my tush with it.

http://www.foamorder.com/products.cg...&item=mem ory

Scan down to the custom cut memory foam.
About five years ago I bought foam for seat cushions at Oshkosh. It is very
comfortable.

I need some more and don't remember the company that sold it. Any ideas?

Old September 16th 03, 07:13 PM
RobertR237

In article k.net, "Mark
Wildman" writes:

About five years ago I bought foam for seat cushions at Oshkosh. It is very
comfortable.

I need some more and don't remember the company that sold it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark Wildman

You are probably talking about Confor-Foam and you can get it from
McMaster-Carr for a little less than anywhere else I have found.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)

Old September 16th 03, 07:15 PM
Larry Smith

"Mark Wildman" wrote in message
hlink.net...
About five years ago I bought foam for seat cushions at Oshkosh. It is

very
comfortable.

I need some more and don't remember the company that sold it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark Wildman

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

Old September 16th 03, 11:47 PM
Barnyard BOb --

"Larry Smith" wrote:

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dictionary.com

but·tock
n.

1. a. Either of the two rounded prominences on the human torso
that are posterior to the hips and formed by the gluteal
muscles and underlying structures.

b. The analogous part of the body on certain mammals.

2. buttocks The rear pelvic area of the human body.

Old September 16th 03, 11:47 PM
Richard Lamb

Larry Smith wrote:

"Mark Wildman" wrote in message
hlink.net...
About five years ago I bought foam for seat cushions at Oshkosh. It is

very
comfortable.

I need some more and don't remember the company that sold it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark Wildman

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

And adds 11 or 12 pounds to each bucket seat!

Still, after a week in the Taylorcraft, it just might be worth
the expense and weight...

--
Richard Lamb

http://www.flash.net/~lamb01/
Old September 17th 03, 12:13 AM
Larry Smith

I can call them butticks if I want to.
It was an intentional misspelling, Urbin.

Old September 17th 03, 05:24 AM
RobertR237

In article , Richard Lamb
writes:

Just about as expensive too.

And adds 11 or 12 pounds to each bucket seat!

Still, after a week in the Taylorcraft, it just might be worth
the expense and weight...

It's not for every plane but it sure made some beautiful seats for mine.

Old September 17th 03, 10:07 AM
Barnyard BOb --

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dictionary.com

but·tock
n.

1. a. Either of the two rounded prominences on the human torso
that are posterior to the hips and formed by the gluteal
muscles and underlying structures.

b. The analogous part of the body on certain mammals.

2. buttocks The rear pelvic area of the human body.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Latchless Larry whined:

I can call them butticks if I want to.
It was an intentional misspelling, Urbin.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Call buttocks anything you like, Latchless.

Call the fork you put in your mouth a DICK,
if that turns you on, too.

Barnyard BOb --

Old September 17th 03, 07:30 PM
Larry Smith

Larry Smith wrote:

"Mark Wildman" wrote in message
hlink.net...
About five years ago I bought foam for seat cushions at Oshkosh. It

is
very
comfortable.

I need some more and don't remember the company that sold it. Any

ideas?

Thanks.

Mark Wildman

I like conforfoam or temperfoam cause it feels like soft female

butticks.
Make that soft *supple* female butticks.

Just about as expensive too.

And adds 11 or 12 pounds to each bucket seat!

Still, after a week in the Taylorcraft, it just might be worth
the expense and weight...

--
Richard Lamb

http://www.flash.net/~lamb01/

You got one? If you have you know the singular exuberance.

The seats in a Taylorcraft are already comfortable, even if you are just
sitting in the sling. I use about 5 lbs. temperfoam for a buttick cushion
and another strip to pad the horizontal bar near the shoulder blades. With
that and 24 gals. fuel you can cruise along at ease 4 to 4.5 hours before
stopping to whiz and refuel. Never had a complaint from a passenger or
young eagle either, except one little rich kid so full of himself he thought
he should be treated to a supersonic ride in a Strike Eagle.

Two of us old salts were comfortably aloft the other day in the Taylorcraft
tracing the ridges and valleys around Green River, where he regularly flies
underneath the bridge in his Cub. I noticed that our feet kept bumping
into each other. He wears 15's, I wear 14's.