Bad Aviation Films

Old April 23rd 20, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Bad Aviation Films

Family Flight starring Rod Taylor (1972). Their Navion’s prop gets bent during a forced landing in Baja. They bang it straight with a rock. Goes downhill from there.

Actually there is some pretty fine air-air footage of the Navion and 2 Navy F-4 Phantoms. Also the footage of the Navion ditching in the drink is pretty good too. Beyond that, it is crap.

Old April 25th 20, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Yes, there were two TV series (one in the sixties, one in the eighties, if memory serves) based on the original comics. One of the sixties' episodes is famous because they filmed the "touch-roll-touch" of a F-104G Starfighter of the Belgian Air Force: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyBDEG9dg-Q

Unfortunately, Sus Jacobs, one of the two Belgian pilots who performed these stunts on a semi-regular basis (the other was "Bill" Ongena) was killed in a subsequent demonstration...

Le mercredi 22 avril 2020 09:30:05 UTC+2, Kevin Neave a écritÂ*:
Pretty sure there was something along the lines of this on TV during the
school holidays (Mid-Late 70s UK)

At 18:53 19 April 2020, stephanevdv wrote:
My vote goes to "Les Chevaliers du Ciel" ("Sky Fighters" in the English
ver=
sion), a 2005 film by G=C3=A9rard Pir=C3=A8s. Very good airplane scenes,

The picture was based on a comics series, "Tanguy et Laverdure", more or

less the French equivalent of "Steve Canyon". But for reasons unknown, the
principal characters were changed, and their replacements were very dull,
the actors below average. "Tanguy et Laverdure" without Tanguy nor
Laverdure..=
..=20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_Fighters

Old April 29th 20, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Fire Birds. Nicholas Cage does Top Gun with helicopters.
Old April 29th 20, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

The Starfighters (with MST3000 commentary)

highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5cEpoHLFOk

T8
Old April 29th 20, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

I stumbled upon this rather odd movie and I have no idea why YouTube thought I would like it.

It seems to be a cross between the Right Stuff, the genre of Steam Punk and hokey comedy of Airplane! with special effects at about "Thunderbirds" quality - all from the famous (cough, wheeze) British movie making colossus of "ANGLO AMAGAMATED". Catchy name, huh?

The title of this academy award ain't-never-gonna-win epic is "Iron Maiden".. No it has nothing to do with the rock group nor a torture device. You just can't make this stuff up.

But it does have an airplane theme running through it and a few shots of a jet military-like airplane (right after the credits) that looks real but I have no clue what it is. The ship is seen landing at 9:09.

WAIT A MINUTE, the Skipper from "Gilligan's Island" (played by Allan Hale) is in it! Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Enjoy...maybe...

https://youtu.be/Rf8XQPKgbq4
Old April 29th 20, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

On Tuesday, April 28, 2020 at 9:40:28 PM UTC-5, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
[...]

I think the aircraft is a handley page valiant

Old April 29th 20, 09:11 AM
Ventus_a Ventus_a is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Williams[_2_] View Post
[...]

Handley Page Victor. The T tail is the giveaway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handley_Page_Victor
Old April 29th 20, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I started this tread and forgot to mention one of the all-time greats in
bad aviation films:Â* "Iron Eagle".Â* After "An Officer and a Gentleman",
Louis Gossett, Jr. must have fallen on really bad times to take that role...

--
Dan, 5J

Favorite Aviation Films Nick Kennedy[_3_] Soaring 78 May 6th 20 09:26 PM
Over 250 aviation films!? Jim Logajan Piloting 5 May 1st 06 12:40 AM
Films ? Denis Winters Simulators 0 August 20th 03 05:37 AM
But speaking of *good* aviation films... Scott M. Kozel Military Aviation 34 June 27th 03 05:58 AM