We Didn't Row The Boat Around Lake O !!

Old March 15th 20, 10:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default We Didn't Row The Boat Around Lake O !!

Things are going well here in Florida this week, lots of activity up in Clermont for the Seniors contest. Things down in South Florida are going well also, with a few good flights of our own. Todd Roy and myself both flew around Lake O, our flights were on different days and in opposite directions. Todd took the better route going down on the East side and coming home from the West. Myself took the West route first and came back from the South with the late afternoon coastal sky diminishing.
Hopefully we can have a few more flights this week. Bob
Old March 15th 20, 11:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

Bob, is this on OLC? What date?

Thanks, I'd like to see those tracks.
Mike
Old March 15th 20, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 7:50:26 PM UTC-4, Mike N. wrote:
Bob, is this on OLC? What date?

Thanks, I'd like to see those tracks.
Mike

Yes, the 13th and 14th
Old March 16th 20, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 7:50:26 PM UTC-4, Mike N. wrote:
Bob, is this on OLC? What date?

Thanks, I'd like to see those tracks.
Mike

You can go to Treasure Coast Soaring Club and see the results of the past few days,
Old March 16th 20, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Sunday, March 15, 2020 at 6:39:51 AM UTC-4, Bob Youngblood wrote:
Things are going well here in Florida this week, lots of activity up in Clermont for the Seniors contest. Things down in South Florida are going well also, with a few good flights of our own. Todd Roy and myself both flew around Lake O, our flights were on different days and in opposite directions.. Todd took the better route going down on the East side and coming home from the West. Myself took the West route first and came back from the South with the late afternoon coastal sky diminishing.
Hopefully we can have a few more flights this week. Bob

Once again the soaring on the Treasure Coast is leading the pack in OLC scores for days in a row. Yesterday Todd Roy did a 500K triangle which included another trip around Lake Okeechobee down deep into the Everglades near Oasis Ranger Station and a long leg back up over Immokalee continuing further north and west then the long journey back to Vero Beach. A huge flight over tough territory and or club record for distance and triangle. Way to go Todd, glad to give you that early tow anytime. Bob
Old March 17th 20, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike N.

At my home in North Port FL which is about an hours drive south of Tampa.

I was seeing and feeling huge thermals come through.

My wife was wondering why the wind would all of a sudden go from almost nothing, to 15 knots or more, and then switch directions, and then go back to calm. ðŸ˜

Really cycling through here in S.W. Fl.

I lost my ride as ballast at the senior nationals on Sunday, and ended up doing some work around the house. Man I should have just gone flying!

Hoping this weather holds up through this coming weekend.
Old March 17th 20, 10:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, March 16, 2020 at 8:13:39 PM UTC-4, Mike N. wrote:
At my home in North Port FL which is about an hours drive south of Tampa.

I was seeing and feeling huge thermals come through.

My wife was wondering why the wind would all of a sudden go from almost nothing, to 15 knots or more, and then switch directions, and then go back to calm. ðŸ˜

Really cycling through here in S.W. Fl.

I lost my ride as ballast at the senior nationals on Sunday, and ended up doing some work around the house. Man I should have just gone flying!

Hoping this weather holds up through this coming weekend.

Mike, it has been very good here in Southern Florida this week, again yesterday was very good as other parts of the state shut down with high overcast.. As I mentioned in an earlier thread our club , TCSC, will be promoting a soaring safari at a location to be determined for next spring probably after or before the Seniors event. I am working on the location at this time. There will be RV hook up available for a limited number. We plan on having space available for about 20 participants. Let me know if you are interested.. Bob
Old March 17th 20, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bob maybe I can round up some of the 126 gang for a spring fun camp with u guys. I know of two that would probably enjoy the trip and the practice.
Dan
Old March 17th 20, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hooray and congratulations! I think McQuigg, Enrique et. al. managed this a couple of times out of F45 ca. 2002, but prior to that I can only think of Tom Knauff out of Indiantown in the '70's.
Old March 17th 20, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Bob maybe I can round up some of the 126 gang for a spring fun camp with u guys. I know of two that would probably enjoy the trip and the practice.
Dan

The 126 group would be a great addition to the event, Harry Senn would be looking down and laughing . Bob