Flight review

Old April 20th 20, 06:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ASM

Default Flight review

I need to get my flight review. Anybody knows who is presently operating? Since I live in southeastern part of Washington state I am willing to travel. Regards.
Old April 20th 20, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Sundance Aviation at Moriarty, NM is operating, but I'll bet you could
find somebody closer.

As a user of the FAA Wings program, I learned to my pleasant surprise
that my flight review had been extended from this month until the end of
February 2021.Â* What a deal!

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 20th 20, 08:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Check FAA.gov, I believe they have extended recerts due to recent virus stuff.....
Yes, wings points cover part of the "BFR"...
Old April 20th 20, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 12:01:28 PM UTC-7, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Check FAA.gov, I believe they have extended recerts due to recent virus stuff.....
Yes, wings points cover part of the "BFR"...

At least in my case I completed the Flight Instructor Revalidation Course, what's left is the customary minimum 1 hour flight time or 3 flights to pattern to pattern altitude. At this point all I need is another CFIG to be brave enough to fly with me and of course my club or FBO operational...
Old April 20th 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 4/20/20 1:01 PM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Check FAA.gov, I believe they have extended recerts due to recent virus stuff.....
Yes, wings points cover part of the "BFR"...

They provided some relief on medical certificates, but that's not
relevant for U.S. glider pilots.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=94991
Old April 22nd 20, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 3:47:26 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 4/20/20 1:01 PM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Check FAA.gov, I believe they have extended recerts due to recent virus stuff.....
Yes, wings points cover part of the "BFR"...

They provided some relief on medical certificates, but that's not
relevant for U.S. glider pilots.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=94991

How do the FAA expect pilots to know this? Are pilots expected to check the FAA website regularly?
Old April 22nd 20, 12:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I checked with my insurance company.Â* They told me that, without a
current flight review, I would have no coverage.

Old April 22nd 20, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jp

On 4/21/2020 5:03 PM, wrote:
On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 3:47:26 PM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
On 4/20/20 1:01 PM, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Check FAA.gov, I believe they have extended recerts due to recent virus stuff.....
Yes, wings points cover part of the "BFR"...

They provided some relief on medical certificates, but that's not
relevant for U.S. glider pilots.

https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=94991

How do the FAA expect pilots to know this? Are pilots expected to check the FAA website regularly?

--
Dan, 5J

Dan I checked with my insurance company a couple of weeks ago. I was told that while my insurance policy would remain and not be cancelled by my need for a flight review, any claim I might make while I was out of flight review currency would be denied. Claims I might make after I had accomplished a flight review, even though that flight review would be "late", would be accepted for evaluation and not for the flight review reason denied.

How would the insurance company know I was not flight review current? The company would review my logbook when I filed a claim to ensure that I was current.
Old April 22nd 20, 07:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WaltWX[_2_]

JP, I have another concern. My Flight Review is due May 31st. I'm supporting a 95 year old father visiting him once or twice a week, my wife is very concerned about my "co-mingling" with glider people and/or being in a two place glider and therefore not social distancing enough . If I were much younger and single, I'd probably take the risk if I can find a flight instructor (turned 70yrs old last November).

Single place flying and self rigging allows much safer social distancing, so I'm not as concerned about that, as long as I don't do any serious cross country or contest flying.

I'm wondering how the rest of you feel about this dilemma?

Certainly, insurance companies are not going to give any leeway if you have an accident.

I wonder how likely the FAA will be to give special consideration for flight reviews... waivers possibly for another year.

Not sure about getting wings points to substitute or extends a Flight Review. I think that still requires flight with an instructor.

Walt Rogers WX