L-23 for sale again

Old March 31st 18, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

Default L-23 for sale again

http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/prod01.htm
Old March 31st 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Following this link I was surprised to see that this is a 'Brand New' L-23. Was it manufactured in 2017-18?

I learned to fly in an older L-23, so I'm a fan.

From a price and utility point of view, is a brand new L-23 competitive with a brand new PW-6?
Old March 31st 18, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_21_]

Very minimally equipped they say 75k euros which today is about $92,500. That's without shipping - so at this point based on this information it appears more expensive than the PW-6. One would probably want some more instruments as well.

Very interesting. I know a few pilots (who I regard with much respect) who love them.

Regards Tom
Old April 1st 18, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 2:52:21 PM UTC-4, Tom wrote:
Very minimally equipped they say 75k euros which today is about $92,500. That's without shipping - so at this point based on this information it appears more expensive than the PW-6. One would probably want some more instruments as well.

$92,500 is the price for raw aluminum. Paint costs extra.

"Standard painting 5,670 EUR (US$ 7,000)" So US$100,000 (without a trailer)

Old April 1st 18, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I’ve worked on L-23’s quite a bit. If it was me I would order the basic model and equip it in the US.
Old April 1st 18, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Saturday, March 31, 2018 at 4:41:38 AM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/prod01.htm

How does this compare to a brand new ASK 21?
Old April 2nd 18, 06:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

My experience with LET gliders suggests that going for the plain anodized finish is a better idea than getting them to paint the ship. Anodized aluminium isn't the easiest thing to get paint to stick to and the paint on our L-23's and L-33 deteriorated pretty quickly. L-23's are good training gliders (though they don't fly quite as nicely as the L-13 did) but when working out relative value for money I think you should look into the airframe life.. Our late model L-23 has a 6,000 hour airframe life (reduced sharply of we were to fly with the extended wingtips) and as far as I could find out there aren't any extension procedures to make it last longer. If anyone knows differently I would love to hear about it as it would give us more flexibility in updating the fleet.
Old April 3rd 18, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

I am pretty sure you’re correct on the L-23. They are done at 6,000 hours as far as I know. There is a method to extend the L-13AC 2,000 hour limit 500 hours at a time.

If I was going to buy a new L-23 I would get it bare bones. Do the paint, interior and instruments in the US.
Old April 3rd 18, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

Here is a couple factory rebuilt L-13s (spar repaired) modified to have 6000 hours remaining on service life.

http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/exchange01.htm

~US$43,000

Interesting that the factory has some tricks to re-up the service life.
Old April 3rd 18, 01:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 03:06 03 April 2018, son_of_flubber wrote:
Here is a couple factory rebuilt L-13s (spar repaired) modified to have
6000 hours remaining on service life.

http://home.nwi.net/~blanikam/ba/exchange01.htm

~US$43,000

Interesting that the factory has some tricks to re-up the service life.

Try ~ USD $55k - $59K with shipping and open trailer.

RO

Carat A for sale- Estate Sale Dan[_6_] Soaring 3 June 12th 15 01:49 AM
Oudie for sale, Goddard PS5a-1 cable for sale Sean Fidler Soaring 3 April 3rd 12 02:51 PM
ASH-26E for sale 5Z Soaring 0 October 15th 10 08:08 PM
KR 85 ADF for sale abg Aviation Marketplace 0 May 22nd 05 08:43 PM
Twin Astir For Sale / Astir CS 77 for Sale DaveSpringford Soaring 0 December 5th 03 12:30 AM