XC Soar map help needed

Old June 17th 11, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Werner Schmidt

Default XC Soar map help needed

Hello Martin Gregorie, you wrote at 06.15.2011 14:25

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:46:29 +0200, Werner Schmidt wrote:
Another question: is it possible to set the default starting point for
SIM mode?

Yes, with an entry in the Waypoint details file. This does two things:
- in sim mode it sets the starting point for the program
- it gets added to your target list, so it can be selected easily if
you want to abandon the task and go home, even if there is no
current task or your home base isn't included in your task.

To use it, you need a defined turnpoint on your home field. Add an entry
for this turnpoint to the 'turnpoint details' file with '=HOME' in the
header for the entry. Here's my minimum home entry:

======================airfields.txt=============== ========
[GRL GrnsdnLd=HOME]
Gransden Lodge

======================airfields.txt=============== ========

I needed some time and some trials to understand that ... finally, I've
got it. I just had to edit my "AirfieldDetails-Germany.txt" file, put
"=HOME" behind the entry of my home airfield and it works.

Again, thank you. Let's see when I'll have the next question ;-)

Regards
Werner
Old June 17th 11, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

On Jun 17, 12:05*pm, Werner Schmidt wrote:
[...]

* * * * Werner- Hide quoted text -

There is excellent support for XCSoar on thier forum: http://www.xcsoar.org/forum/
.... and http://xcsoar.1045713.n5.nabble.com/
The first one listed is 'new' and I think, preferred by the
developers. The second one probably gets you the widest audience
though....
Both are 'searchable', to see if someone else already had the same, or
similar question.
Cheers,
Jim
Old June 18th 11, 12:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Werner Schmidt

Hello Grider Pirate, you wrote at 06.17.2011 22:37

[curious: what's a "grider"?]

There is excellent support for XCSoar on thier forum: http://www.xcsoar.org/forum/
... and http://xcsoar.1045713.n5.nabble.com/
The first one listed is 'new' and I think, preferred by the
developers. The second one probably gets you the widest audience
though....
Both are 'searchable', to see if someone else already had the same, or
similar question.

Thanks also to you for your advice. Actually, i already knew the 1. site
listed above. But, as my native language isn't English it's not easy for
me to find applicable keywords for a conducive search. So it is less
extensive to ask someone personally (correct diction?). And I think I
didn't overload the newsgroup nor this (existing) thread with a couple
of questions ;-)

Regards
Werner

Fat boy wants to soar... toggles mcfarley Soaring 24 March 23rd 10 06:51 PM
XC-Soar [email protected] Soaring 4 January 26th 09 04:06 PM
Get out of the Cold and SOAR! Mike Schumann Soaring 4 January 22nd 09 06:03 AM
Instructor needed at Soar Minden [email protected] Soaring 2 May 21st 07 02:13 AM
why do you soar? Mark James Boyd Soaring 27 October 21st 03 07:48 PM