RESCO Spring Seminar March 24 '07, So Calif, USA

Old February 23rd 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyASK

Default RESCO Spring Seminar March 24 '07, So Calif, USA

March 24, 2007
Back in the Saddle with RESCO.
Region 12 Spring Safety & Training Seminar,
Cal Tech Bldg. 51, Pasadena, CA. 8:30 to 4:30 pm.
http://www.caltech.edu/map/

$60 -- lunch included for reserved seats.

Dean Carswell, SSA Master Instructor
Bill Daniels, Winch Launching
Susan Marmet, FAA ATC, Gliders, Transponders and SoCal traffic
Cindy Brickner, Cross Country Techniques
Scared Witless - Gaffe Avoidance series
Soaring Instrumentation Review
Wings Safety Program Qualified Event

$70 at the door, no lunch guaranteed. Half off for crew, family,
juniors.

We had about 80 folks attend last year. A blend of entertainment and
education by
dynamic speakers. Join in and meet new folks, see old friends, have a
tasty lunch,
and get your brain ready to think about flying for the summer season.
Easy parking on street on the weekend.

Please, please --- RSVP and pay ahead, so we get the right amount of
food.

RSVP to
Mail preregistration payment to
RESCO, 26500 W. Agoura Rd. #102-726, Calabasas, CA 91302-2969 by
3/15/07

Old March 16th 07, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyASK

Friends:

My deadline for pre-registrations for Back In The Saddle --
the RESCO Spring Safety Seminar, was actually today.

I know, it just slipped by your direct attention.
You meant to mail me a note, and RESCO the check.
You knew that there would be a great line up of speakers
and subjects, and friends to see before the rush of assembly and
into the takeoff grid at the field.

So -- this is your LAST CHANCE !!

In case you need to be sold on the idea, here's the slate:

Dean Carswell, Master Instructor, Ground Launch Safety and Systems
from a fellow
who's launched in several continents, and via all styles, car, winch,
air tow, self launch.
Cindy Brickner, X-C in Region 12, Tips, Courses, FAI Rules Updates
to keep your observer and Badge Lady smiling.
Derek Lisoski, Distance Communications - Cell, Sat, and VHF. Bring
your LA Sectional
to mark up with data. Comm from 19th to 21st century.
Bill Daniels, Simulators in Training & Hi-Tech Winch Launch
Greg Hatcher, FAA, ATC and TXPs for SoCal Gliders, Routes of air
carriers, and
glider conflict areas. Hardware and procedures to avoid finding heavy
metal.
Scared Witless - personal gaffes not to be repeated ....a favorite.

The catered lunch for preregistrants is a yummy feast, and
we start the morning in a Continental fashion from 8:30 to 9:00
to meet and greet and seat folks.

9:00 am the information begins flowing, and the tales continue
till almost 5 pm. Please, take advantage of this opportunity to
learn, relearn, and brush up mentally before summer is here.

The talent in attendance is an opportunity to ask about hardware,
software and your personal goal setting for the season.

Give me an RSVP before Sunday night, 3/18, and that will get you
lunch at the $60 price. If you haven't mailed your check already,
bring it to me there. For the California indecisive, come anyway and
pay
at the door for $70. Crew, family, juniors, half price.

Cal Tech campus, Pasadena
Winnet Center, Bldg. 51, upstairs over the bookstore.
http://www.caltech.edu/map/
Off the 210 Freeway go south on Hill Avenue.

For the twenty five folks already registered, you've got a great seat
guaranteed.
Thank you.

Cindy Brickner
Caracole Soaring