Discovery Wings Channel ???

Old November 8th 04, 11:17 PM
Bush

Default Discovery Wings Channel ???

I do like "working wings", gives a little more insight on folks who
fly for a living. Been watching this ever since we learned to hack
satellite in the 90's.

Have a great one!

Bush

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 05:06:42 -0800, "NW_PILOT"
wrote:

I have a question I have had Discovery Wings Channel for a long time now and
usually there is nothing new on it same old reruns for the last 2 years. I
have not once seen any thing about Cessna aircraft on there except for that
annoying learning to fly that ended after solo. I always seem to catch the
same episode. Wonder why the don't do any documentary's about Cessna and
some other excellent aircraft? I have sent E-mail to Discovery Channel with
no response been about 3 months. They are lacking content they need to keep
attention of people that watch their channel or we will stop watching.

Old November 9th 04, 03:30 PM
Gig Giacona

The only reason the Wings channel is there is because of all the people that
bitched about and loved all the Wings episodes shown on the original
Discovery.

I thought it was a little strange that all of the coverage that was done on
the SpaceShipOne flight was shown on the Discovery Science Channel.

If Discovery: Wings was really wanting to serve the aviation community they
would be brodcasting live from EAA Airventure for the entire show instead of
the 1 hour show they run months afterwards.

They don't even cover the AOPA show.

Old November 11th 04, 01:54 AM
NW_PILOT

"Jim Burns" wrote in message
Thank you for contacting Discovery Wings. We appreciate your interest in
our programming.

We premiere many shows in the beginning of each quarter (Jan, April, July
and Oct). Typically, the Fall season (Oct - Dec) has more premieres than
other quarters. Many viewers ask us to repeat programs so that they can
enjoy watching them more than once, or in case they miss a show. You can
obtain complete scheduling information for all of our networks at
discovery.com.

We hope this information helps and we hope you continue to enjoy our
programming. Thanks again for writing.

Sincerely,

Ben
Viewer Relations
Discovery Networks

Yeah, whatever Ben. I'm sure there are lots of viewers out there that

want
to see the same old stuff over and over and over and over. Yep.

Well you have a response! that counts for something. Right? I have now
deleted the Discovery Wings channel from my channel line up as of Today. I
am tired of the same old programs and the 50 year old soloflex grandmother
commercial.

Old November 11th 04, 02:34 PM
Gig Giacona

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

Well you have a response! that counts for something. Right? I have now
deleted the Discovery Wings channel from my channel line up as of Today. I
am tired of the same old programs and the 50 year old soloflex grandmother
commercial.

My 37 year old wife isn't a big fan of the 50 year old Soloflex Grandmother
either.

Old November 15th 04, 03:37 AM
Newps

Gig Giacona wrote:

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message

Well you have a response! that counts for something. Right? I have now
deleted the Discovery Wings channel from my channel line up as of Today. I
am tired of the same old programs and the 50 year old soloflex grandmother
commercial.

My 37 year old wife isn't a big fan of the 50 year old Soloflex Grandmother
either.

I could watch that one everyday, all day.
Old November 15th 04, 03:28 PM
Dan Luke

"Newps" wrote:
I could watch that one everyday, all day.

Perv.

Old November 15th 04, 04:07 PM
JohnT.

And I'll bet that guy wit soloflex grandma isn't "grampa"

John