Replacement for DAFIF Airspace Data

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 20th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2KA

Default Replacement for DAFIF Airspace Data

All,

I've just embarked on a project to extract US (CONUS) airspace data
from the FAA National Airspace System Resource files and process it
into more accessible formats (such as OpenAir and Tim Newport-Peace).
This is a little more complicated than it sounds, because the NASR
uses ESRI shapefile formats for Class B-E airspace, and the conversion
isn't straightforward. I do, however, think it is possible, and I
expect to complete the project before spring flying begins.

I'm also working on extracting airport data from the same source into
turnpoint files. I should be able to produce .CUP and .NDB turnpoint
files from the NASR data by springtime as well.

When I'm done, I'll submit the results to the Worldwide Turnpoint
Exchange.

Note: The NASR files are available free of charge to the public
through the National Flight Data Center, but you do have to go through
a registration and approval process that includes a request for
permission to access the data.

2KA

DAFIF data for creating SUA files [email protected] Soaring 0 November 7th 07 02:36 PM
Wichita Airspace Question and overlapping airspace Owen[_4_] Piloting 1 February 14th 07 09:35 PM
Solution to DAFIF data going away? Paul Tomblin Piloting 1 June 5th 05 12:36 PM
DAFIF data Paul Tomblin Piloting 1 January 2nd 05 10:13 PM
DAFIF going away? Paul Tomblin Piloting 2 August 10th 04 03:30 PM