Beauty and reality in soaring

Old December 17th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Beauty and reality in soaring

this is why we fly
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6GJLDqnYY
but in reality it is more like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d82Yp7MdTo
we may also fly like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMxSLWZZGw

Andre, CFIG, SGS1-23G and Mucha Std.
Old December 18th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Dec 17, 3:48*pm, wrote:
this is why we flyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6GJLDqnYY
but in reality it is more like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d82Yp7MdTo
we may also fly like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMxSLWZZGw

Andre, CFIG, SGS1-23G and Mucha Std.

Neat videos! When I fly its usually more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anhvm4NNwBA

Tony
Old December 18th 09, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Dec 17, 5:53*pm, Tony wrote:
On Dec 17, 3:48*pm, wrote:

this is why we fly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6GJLDqnYY
but in reality it is more like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d82Yp7MdTo
we may also fly like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMxSLWZZGw

Andre, CFIG, SGS1-23G and Mucha Std.

Neat videos! *When I fly its usually more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anhvm4NNwBA

Tony

Thank you Tony, this was fun, it reminded me my flying.
cheers
Andre
Old December 18th 09, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
vontresc

On Dec 18, 12:09*am, wrote:
On Dec 17, 5:53*pm, Tony wrote:

On Dec 17, 3:48*pm, wrote:

this is why we flyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6GJLDqnYY
but in reality it is more like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d82Yp7MdTo
we may also fly like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMxSLWZZGw

Andre, CFIG, SGS1-23G and Mucha Std.

Neat videos! *When I fly its usually more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anhvm4NNwBA

Tony

Thank you Tony, this was fun, it reminded me my flying.
cheers
Andre

So what are your flying cheers? I've been known to sing the Goofy
Glider song while thermalling myself.

Pete
Old December 18th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

wrote:

Neat videos! When I fly its usually more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anhvm4NNwBA

Tony

Thank you Tony, this was fun, it reminded me my flying.
cheers
Andre

It reminded me of the *nightmares* I have about flying except for one
thing: Did you notice Goofy has three fingers on each hand at the
beginning when he is reading the manual, but four on each hand when he
is counting to ten?

I've never grown extra fingers while gliding!

Other than that, a technically adequate demonstration of glider launch
methods, including gravity launch.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
Old December 18th 09, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Gardner

On Dec 18, 1:53*am, Tony wrote:
On Dec 17, 3:48*pm, wrote:

this is why we flyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO6GJLDqnYY
but in reality it is more like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d82Yp7MdTo
we may also fly like thishttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvMxSLWZZGw

Andre, CFIG, SGS1-23G and Mucha Std.

Neat videos! *When I fly its usually more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anhvm4NNwBA

Tony

Are you the pilot at 1:40 into this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rOfjhsIIM
Did you also try the launch-by-horse method?

New Beauty Dummy General Aviation 0 December 6th 04 11:58 AM
New Beauty Dummy General Aviation 0 November 23rd 04 07:17 PM
New Beauty Dummy Owning 0 November 23rd 04 07:11 PM
The beauty of GA Paul Tomblin Piloting 3 July 12th 03 12:19 AM
The beauty of GA Gene Seibel Owning 1 July 10th 03 03:33 AM