AOPA credit card --- WARNING.

Old November 25th 04, 05:50 PM
RS

Default AOPA credit card --- WARNING.

If you have an AOPA/MBNA credit card then you should check the APR on your
last statements. MBNA has been raising the APR on AOPA cardholders, even if
you pay on time.

So check your credit card statements and call AOPA credit card services to
complain.
And also call MBNA to drop the rate back down.

Old November 25th 04, 07:02 PM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "RS" said:
If you have an AOPA/MBNA credit card then you should check the APR on your
last statements. MBNA has been raising the APR on AOPA cardholders, even if
you pay on time.

Anybody who carries a balance on any credit card is an idiot or a sucker.
The credit card companies hate me because I haven't paid a cent of
interest to any of them in 3 years. I get about 5 envelopes full of Visa
checks every month (as well as come-ons for new cards) because they want
to sucker me into that debt cycle.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Microsoft - Where quality is job 1.0.1
Old November 25th 04, 07:17 PM
Chuck

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "RS" said:
If you have an AOPA/MBNA credit card then you should check the APR on

your
last statements. MBNA has been raising the APR on AOPA cardholders, even

if
you pay on time.

Anybody who carries a balance on any credit card is an idiot or a sucker.

snip

Or isn't as wealthy or well off financially as you are...

---

Old November 25th 04, 07:22 PM
Kyle Boatright

"RS" wrote in message
If you have an AOPA/MBNA credit card then you should check the APR on your
last statements. MBNA has been raising the APR on AOPA cardholders, even
if you pay on time.

So check your credit card statements and call AOPA credit card services to
complain.
And also call MBNA to drop the rate back down.

With the FED raising rates, all banks are, or will be, raising rates on
credit cards.

KB

Old November 25th 04, 07:38 PM
John Kunkel

"RS" wrote in message
If you have an AOPA/MBNA credit card then you should check the APR on your
last statements. MBNA has been raising the APR on AOPA cardholders, even

if
you pay on time.

Kinda timely since PBS's Frontline had a show on credit cards last Tuesday.
Very eye opening, it seems that a couple of Supreme Court decisions allow
credit card companies to charge whatever interest rate they want and to
raise the interest rate on money already on the balance.
Most of the credit card holders interviewed had never read or didn't
understand the "fine print" in their card contracts.

Old November 25th 04, 07:40 PM
RS

"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
So check your credit card statements and call AOPA credit card services
to complain.
And also call MBNA to drop the rate back down.

With the FED raising rates, all banks are, or will be, raising rates on
credit cards.

Do you work for MBNA? You sound like the person I talked to at MBNA customer
service....I told him that the fed did not raise interest rates by 3 to 4%,
which is what MBNA is doing.

If you have an MBNA credit card, look at your statements...if you like being
screwed by the credit card company then ignore this thread and do nothing.

Old November 25th 04, 07:55 PM
Casey Wilson

"Chuck" wrote in message
. com...

"Paul Tomblin" wrote in message
In a previous article, "RS" said:
If you have an AOPA/MBNA credit card then you should check the APR on

your
last statements. MBNA has been raising the APR on AOPA cardholders, even

if
you pay on time.

Anybody who carries a balance on any credit card is an idiot or a sucker.

snip

Or isn't as wealthy or well off financially as you are...

I'm with Paul. If you can't afford to pay off the balance at the end of
the month, then you can't afford to use the card in the first place.

Old November 25th 04, 08:12 PM
BTIZ

I've noticed that also, all balances were paid in full, and I only use the
AOPA card for aviation purposes to get the 5% rebate and then pay in full.
And yet the rate goes up on recurring balances, while they offer 4% transfer
credit.

Read the fine print, any payments made pay off the lower interest rate debt
first while the higher "revolving balance" interest rate continues to
accrue. Some companies do apply payments equally to all debt at different
rates based on the ratio on each debt.

BT

Old November 25th 04, 08:44 PM
RS

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message

I'm with Paul. If you can't afford to pay off the balance at the end
of the month, then you can't afford to use the card in the first place.

Are you a supporter of legalized loan sharking? Because that is what I think
MBNA is doing. Not to mention that MBNA has surpassed Enron as the biggest
contributor to George Bush. It's all good, move along folks, nothing to
worry about...

http://www.delawareonline.com/newsjo.../0312200a.html