Dutch & Group The F-35 Pictures: 1 of 7- F-35 BF-01, STOVL 24 Oct 2009 @ Lockheed-Martin, Ft Worth, TX No1.jpg (1/1)

Old October 30th 09, 06:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_8_]

Default F-35 / X-32

Ungainly it may be, but t is better looking than it's rival the X-32.

The same can be said about the posteriors of most creatures on the
planet...

I do still think the X-32 would've made a fine litter box scoop for
my cat.

This gave me a good laugh. Neither one of these aircraft is a raving beauty.
I guess these days it is possible to make just about anything fly with
advanced computer controls and software. I guess if it looks right, it flies
right is becoming very old school.

Nick

Old November 3rd 11, 11:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
T.L. Davis

On Fri, 30 Oct 2009 12:48:10 -0500, "Canuck"
wrote:

Ungainly it may be, but t is better looking than it's rival the X-32.

The same can be said about the posteriors of most creatures on the
planet...

I do still think the X-32 would've made a fine litter box scoop for
my cat.

This gave me a good laugh. Neither one of these aircraft is a raving beauty.
I guess these days it is possible to make just about anything fly with
advanced computer controls and software. I guess if it looks right, it flies
right is becoming very old school.

Nick

Take a look at the X-32 from the top. It looks right. Problem was the
design of the front intake had to be that large for vertical takeoff,
not for normal carrier operations.

Typical Pentagon thinking. An airplane for all services, for all
applications. It won't work now, and never has.

Take a look at the F-8 and A-7. Not very pretty. Very successful
aircraft.
Old November 4th 11, 01:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Richard[_8_]

wrote:

[...]

Whatchu talkin 'bout boy?

F8s are gorgeous!