Parowan UT flying yesterday

Old September 21st 09, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

Default Parowan UT flying yesterday

Very long story short. Thursday another LVVSA member proposed a
weekend at Parowan. I'd never been there, so I went. I've
experienced better soaring conditions, but never with such wonderful
scenery. I must have taken over 20 pictures, but (typically for me)
only a few were worth keeping. Here's a link:

http://griderpirate.smugmug.com/Airp...55624702_LCPrD
Old September 21st 09, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Sep 20, 5:50*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
Very long story short. *Thursday another LVVSA member proposed a
weekend at Parowan. *I'd never been there, so I went. *I've
experienced better soaring conditions, but never with such wonderful
scenery. *I must have taken over 20 pictures, but (typically for me)
only a few were worth keeping. *Here's a link:

*http://griderpirate.smugmug.com/Airp...an-Ut/9701124_....

I believe you need some winglets on the end your wings!

Brad
Old September 21st 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

Nice photos! I especially like the photo with the banana peel on the
leading edge of your wing. I have never hear of that "go fast" tactic. Do
I need to add that to my inventory and web site?

Paul Remde

Old September 21st 09, 04:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno

On Sep 20, 6:50*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:
Very long story short. *Thursday another LVVSA member proposed a
weekend at Parowan. *I'd never been there, so I went. *I've
experienced better soaring conditions, but never with such wonderful
scenery. *I must have taken over 20 pictures, but (typically for me)
only a few were worth keeping. *Here's a link:

*http://griderpirate.smugmug.com/Airp...an-Ut/9701124_....

Sorry we were so chatty on the radio up in Cedar Valley. Keep
coming out to Utah - many times you'll find great conditions but will
always have spectacular scenery!

Bruno - B4
Old September 21st 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
gen

Congrats on your first Parowan flight. Definitely come back next
summer, and you'll find much more beautiful and larger-scale sceneries
than Cedar Breaks.

-Gen
Old September 21st 09, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

NPaul Remde wrote:
Hi,

Nice photos! I especially like the photo with the banana peel on the
leading edge of your wing. I have never hear of that "go fast" tactic.
Do I need to add that to my inventory and web site?

Paul Remde

"Uncle Fuzzy" wrote in message
Very long story short. Thursday another LVVSA member proposed a
weekend at Parowan. I'd never been there, so I went. I've
experienced better soaring conditions, but never with such wonderful
scenery. I must have taken over 20 pictures, but (typically for me)
only a few were worth keeping. Here's a link:

http://griderpirate.smugmug.com/Airp...55624702_LCPrD

Novel way to make your wing more slippery...

Bruce
Old September 21st 09, 10:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
mike

On Sep 20, 9:00*pm, "Paul Remde" wrote:
Hi,

Nice photos! *I especially like the photo with the banana peel on the
leading edge of your wing. *I have never hear of that "go fast" tactic. *Do
I need to add that to my inventory and web site?

Latest green technology-Organic bug wiper.
Old September 21st 09, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncle Fuzzy

On Sep 20, 8:05*pm, Bruno wrote:
On Sep 20, 6:50*pm, Uncle Fuzzy wrote:

Very long story short. *Thursday another LVVSA member proposed a
weekend at Parowan. *I'd never been there, so I went. *I've
experienced better soaring conditions, but never with such wonderful
scenery. *I must have taken over 20 pictures, but (typically for me)
only a few were worth keeping. *Here's a link:

*http://griderpirate.smugmug.com/Airp...an-Ut/9701124_...

Sorry we were so chatty on the radio up in Cedar Valley. * *Keep
coming out to Utah - many times you'll find great conditions but will
always have spectacular scenery!

Bruno - B4

Brad - Absolutely!
Bruno - part of what I enjoy is listening on 23.3! No worries!
Paul - I posted pictures that someones else took as well. That shot
was taken by someone who went farther and faster. I'm thinking of
taking bananas with me next flight.
Gen - count on it!
Old September 21st 09, 04:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Jim,
I like Jim's organic bug wiper. How do you deploy one on the right
wing?
Jim
(Are you sure your name isn't Bruce?)
Old September 21st 09, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J A

At 15:56 21 September 2009, JS wrote:
Jim,
I like Jim's organic bug wiper. How do you deploy one on the right
wing?
Jim
(Are you sure your name isn't Bruce?)

Jim,

The other wing? C'mon, that's simple. I just fly behind and a little to
the left of my friend Jim as he tosses a peel out the window.

BTW, it stayed on the wing for another 100km or so until landing...

Jim