Life insurance for sailplane pilots - US

Old September 16th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Wyld[_2_]

Default Life insurance for sailplane pilots - US

At 12:45 16 September 2009, Nyal Williams wrote:
How do we get to the archives through Glider Pilot Net?

Let Google be your friend!

Click on "Advanced Search"

Fill out the boxes with search criteria ("Life insurance")

insert "gliderpilot.net" into the "Search within a site or domain:"
box and hit the 'Advanced Search' button.

Or (if you remember), on the normal google search page, enter

"site:gliderpilot.net life insurance"

hit the search button

enjoy.

At 11:37 16 September 2009, 5E wrote:
Didn't see anything about this in the archives.

Anyone with a recommendation/good experience to share?

Old September 16th 09, 06:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tstock

I've been wondering about this also.. I have life insurance through
allstate and when asked I was a pilot, I said yes, and asked if this
would effect my coverage or rate. He said "No, they only concerned if
you are a commercial pilot". I suppose I should call the life
insurance company and find out for myself.

Old September 17th 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5E

That's extremely helpful--thanks, all!
Old September 17th 09, 02:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane

My wife also demanded insurance. Northwest mutual explicitly allows
sailplanes if you have more than 100 hours, at no extra cost. (And
cost is pretty low).

John Cochrane.
Old September 17th 09, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig[_2_]

On Sep 16, 6:18*pm, John Cochrane
wrote:
My wife also demanded insurance. Northwest mutual explicitly allows
sailplanes if you have more than 100 hours, at no extra cost. (And
cost is pretty low).

John Cochrane.

I'm using Northwestern Mutual also and had the same experience as
John. They didn't bat an eye at the soaring. It was the mountain
climbing that made them nervous. Older now and don't do that anymore
so the premiums have gone down. Win some lose some..

Craig Funston
Old September 21st 09, 05:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SAM

On Sep 16, 6:37*am, 5E wrote:
Didn't see anything about this in the archives.

Anyone with a recommendation/good experience to share?

AIG, via Matrix Direct got $500k for $900/yr. I'm 49, no smoking last
20 years, overall good health.