Newbie WinPilot Question

Old October 2nd 03, 07:07 PM
Waduino

Default Newbie WinPilot Question

I have a portable GPS and am wondering about getting an iPaq to run
WinPilot, driven by the GPS. I'm wondering how complete the WinPilot
database of strips and airspace would be for Canada, and in particular
Southern Ontario. Can anyone help?

I'm making the assumption that when I strike out to do some XC next year,
software like WinPilot could be a huge help.

Thanks.

Old October 3rd 03, 03:20 AM
rhpf

Waduino

Please see my website for WinPilot information. We have terrain maps of
Southern ontario and also an aero database for that reigon. If you would
name some airports I will check.

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

.. .

Old October 3rd 03, 02:13 PM
Waduino

OK. I assume it would have airports like Muskoka (CYQA), but what about
smaller places like Mount Forest (don't know the call letters). And, more to
the point, how does one go about obtaining and adding gliderports, and other
grass strips that are important for XC but wouldn't be in a data base. Will
I find these in files online? I know how to add them as waypoints in the
GPS, and I'll assume that there's a method to upload them into WinPilot?
I guess the next thing to do is pick up an iPaq and try the WinPilot
simulator.
Thanks.

"rhpf" wrote in message
Waduino

Please see my website for WinPilot information. We have terrain maps of
Southern ontario and also an aero database for that reigon. If you would
name some airports I will check.

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

.. .

Old October 3rd 03, 02:56 PM
Andy Blackburn

Adding waypoints and airports is easy - the file formats
are straightforward. You can use a text editor to add/delete
waypoints (I use Excel to manage them, then cut and
paste into a text file, then change the suffix from
txt to .dat). You load the files by synching with
your PC.

'rhpf' wrote in message
Waduino

Please see my website for WinPilot information. We
have terrain maps of
Southern ontario and also an aero database for that
reigon. If you would
name some airports I will check.

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

.. .

Old October 3rd 03, 09:10 PM
rhpf

Waduino

It has Muskoka, didn't see Mount Forest, Airport it has near Muskoka,
Deerhurst Resort, Lake simocoe Rgnl, Lindsay, Huronia, Parry Sound Area,
Springwater Barrie.

Turnpoint or Airports can be added in the User Waypoint files.

They can also be added in the WinPilot Program on the Ipaq

Please download the manual from my website for details.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

.. .

"rhpf" wrote in message
Waduino

Please see my website for WinPilot information. We have terrain maps of
Southern ontario and also an aero database for that reigon. If you

would
name some airports I will check.

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

.. .

Old October 6th 03, 02:30 PM
rhpf

I haven't seen a GPS that slides into the Ipaq, but I have GPS Jackets on my
website that the Ipaq slides into.

See the IGPSJ Transplant GPS Jacket on my GPS web page.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
530-905-0062

'rhpf' wrote in message
Waduino

Please see my website for WinPilot information. We
have terrain maps of
Southern ontario and also an aero database for that
reigon. If you would
name some airports I will check.

Richard

www.craggyaero.com