Cleaning TE probe - is this a good idea ?

Old October 7th 03, 02:13 PM
JJ Sinclair

Default Cleaning TE probe - is this a good idea ?

Good luck on getting high enough, this time of year, to generate enough
pressure to dislodge the pesky little critters. Seriously, I have used an air
bottle with about 50 psi in it to blow out the TE probe hole. Give it very
short bursts, like sssttt, then wait and hit her again,
sssttt..................BOW, out comes a whole bunch of gunk. Your internal
tubes will take the overpressure by expanding a tad and the full force will end
up being applied to the mass of ant dung and or dead ants or leaf rollers nest
or I forgot to mention the mud-dobbers are partial to fiberglass also. They
catch a spider and entumb the poor little sucker in a pile of mud along with
some mud-dobber eggs. I believe the poor spider is the first meal for the newly
born next generation of mud-dobbers.

If you can't clear this up, your next step will be to start drilling holes to
thread in a new tube, anyway.
I would give it the air bottle, after heating up the probe hole with an air
gun. :)
JJ Sinclair
Old October 7th 03, 02:30 PM
Jack Glendening

JJ Sinclair wrote:
Good luck on getting high enough, this time of year, to generate enough
pressure to dislodge the pesky little critters.

Ah JJ, you forget that motorgliders can have some advantages! I will
try my idea since it can't hurt and one is always partial to one's own
ideas. The stuff I've seen coming out is so waxy that I think softening
it might help.

I forgot to mention the mud-dobbers are partial to fiberglass also. ...

My entomological education continues.- I am going to have to pay more
attention to those critters.

... after heating up the probe hole with an air gun.

You lost me here - I don't recall mentioning _heating_ the probe hole ??

Jack