Handicap Distance Tasks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 27th 16, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default Handicap Distance Tasks

I have been following the arguments about Flarm as well as US task setting
with interest. I do not wish to confuse the picture further but I do want
to point out that Handicap Distance Tasks solve many of the complaints
about standard assigned tasks (including leeching).

With HDTs we recognise the glider's handicap in the task, not in the
scoring. This means that every pilot can fly at the same time of day, in
the same air, for roughly the same time on task.

We have been using HDTs successfully in UK rated competition for two
seasons with great pilot feedback. It needs a bit of software for task
setting and if you want to use See You to score them, there is a second bit
of software that prepares the evidence for this.

Following requests from a couple of US clubs, I have put a lot of effort
into modifying this software to be used with the US handicap system, US
Miles, SSA distance calculation rules, and scoring formulae. I would be
delighted if more of you guys gave it a look.

handicaptask.uk or pm me for more information.

Jim

ps: If you want to modify your own scoring software, I can tell you how.

WGC Day 11 Tasks Set Duster Soaring 1 August 16th 12 05:30 PM
handicap 5 ugly Soaring 1 November 26th 11 01:57 AM
How is handicap weight determined for the SSA handicap list? AK Soaring 1 September 25th 07 01:43 PM
Tasks??? Jack Soaring 2 July 4th 06 12:16 AM
Handicap bargains Ian Cant Soaring 8 December 29th 05 04:01 AM