Foam ?

Old June 5th 04, 04:18 AM
Neil

Default Foam ?

Ok, I am restoring a hovercraft, not a airplane, but the techniques may be
the same....I hope.
I have to bond foam into a existing fibreglass shell, to support the
fibreglass, and to make the unit float in water. The original builder used
canned foam, with pretty poor results. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Kim

Old June 14th 04, 01:54 PM
I.B. Phuckenutts

In article , Richard Riley wrote:

You know, as I think about it, for your purpose a 2 part expanding
foam is probably better.
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...es/x30foam.php

Clean the fiberglass thoroughly. Then pour it on the inside of your
fiberglass and brush it around quickly, before it starts foaming
(you'll only have a few seconds) and it will bond well to the
fiberglass.

No, no, no, you dunno wanna do dat! The two part foam will absorb
and trap water (holding it forever). Been derr don dat!

Old June 14th 04, 04:10 PM
Evan Carew

Question about epoxy resin chemistry.. Chris Home Built 26 April 15th 04 12:55 AM
blue foam & cutting it Richard Riley Home Built 6 November 24th 03 01:53 PM
Foam BD5ER Home Built 17 September 20th 03 04:07 PM
blue foam, pink foam, yellow foam? Corrie Home Built 26 September 1st 03 05:01 PM
Is there a trick for installing a Tinnerman spring nut? Michael Horowitz Home Built 9 July 14th 03 04:01 AM