Avionics Cooling Fan

Old April 7th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Avionics Cooling Fan

Does anyone have a working 14Vdc cooling fan that they would like to
part with cheaply. This will be for a non-aviation use. Contact me at
ross.richardson at raytheon dot com. Let me know how much. Thanks.
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old April 9th 08, 11:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

How about a 12VDC computer fan, or a 12VDC fan from an automotive store?

Ross wrote:
Does anyone have a working 14Vdc cooling fan that they would like to
part with cheaply. This will be for a non-aviation use. Contact me at
ross.richardson at raytheon dot com. Let me know how much. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocations!"
--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com http://users.frii.net/jer/

Old April 10th 08, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

How about a 12VDC computer fan, or a 12VDC fan from an automotive store?

Or a heater fan from a junkyard car?
--
Jim in NC

Old April 10th 08, 06:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

The avionics fans have nozzles on them to attach a piece of 1"
diameter scat ducting. That's probably what he's looking for.

I'd suggest ask over in the www.vansairforce.net forums classifieds.
Those RV builders buy sell swap and trade all kinds of wierd avionics,
airplane parts, and tools over there.
Old April 10th 08, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

wrote:
The avionics fans have nozzles on them to attach a piece of 1"
diameter scat ducting. That's probably what he's looking for.

I'd suggest ask over in the
www.vansairforce.net forums classifieds.
Those RV builders buy sell swap and trade all kinds of wierd avionics,
airplane parts, and tools over there.

I found one at Air Salvage of Dallas.

Thanks...

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old April 11th 08, 03:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Morgans[_2_]

The avionics fans have nozzles on them to attach a piece of 1"
diameter scat ducting. That's probably what he's looking for.

I found one at Air Salvage of Dallas.

Thanks...

Good deal!

Just as a little aside line, the right kind of auto heater fan outlet could
be easily choked down, and adapted to a smaller hose.

I once needed a fresh air breathing system for painting with polyurethane
auto type paint. I took a fan like an auto heater fan (but ran on 120V) and
adapted the outlet to fit 1 and 1/4" sump pump hose. (very light corrugated
tubing) I ran enough hose to get well outside the spray area, and took a
respirator, took off both filters, taped one shut with good duct tape, taped
a 1" PVC elbow over the other filter mount (it happened to fit perfectly),
made a mounting for the paint gun's hoses and breathing line to fit on my
belt, and went to spraying.

As jury rigged as it sounds, it worked perfectly. It had a high enough flow
to supply a full breath, and the rest went out the outflow valve. I never
smelled even a trace of the paint. Perfect for airplane painting! Cost?
Under ten bucks! g
--
Jim in NC