Yet another fatality....

Old October 2nd 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Yet another fatality....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/5400870.stm

Old October 2nd 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Surfer!

In message .com, Bob
writes
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...re/5400870.stm

The good news is that one of the pilots parachuted to safety.

--
Surfer!
Email to: ramwater at uk2 dot net
Old October 5th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ctrl

Thsi from an eye witness

I heard the collision from my workshop. The sound of a GRP glider
snapping in the air was like the loudest gunshot you could imagine,
ringing around the cliffs for several seconds. I rushed out and saw
one large portion of wing and debris fluttering down, with a parachute
opening amongst it all, and a second glider diving steeply out of view.
We called the emergency services immediately and vehicles/helicopters
were on site within 10 minutes - most impressive.

Every day we watch sailplanes circling gracefully above our house and
it is such a fine sight, so peaceful and at one with nature. This
makes it even more sickening to realise that lives can be lost. We
feel so sorry for the bereaved family and hope they can draw some
solace knowing that at least he died doing something he loved.

One Known Fatality In OSH Taxiway Accident AJ Piloting 0 July 31st 06 03:03 PM
Gliding Fatality in Vic, Aus. elZee Soaring 4 April 1st 05 11:55 AM
Fatality at Airsailing Dusty Soaring 1 May 9th 04 07:06 PM
Homebuilt down Friday, one fatality near, Santa Paula, CA R. Hubbell Home Built 2 November 9th 03 03:08 PM
Quickie fatality Sam Hoskins Home Built 3 July 25th 03 05:55 AM