Trim settings the same for takeoff and landing?

Old April 23rd 10, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

Default Trim settings the same for takeoff and landing?

On Apr 23, 7:29*am, a wrote:
On Apr 23, 6:27*am, Mark wrote:

On Apr 22, 11:18*pm, Dave Doe wrote:

In article d19343f7-1c71-49ff-b6ec-b847ddf6bad8
@g23g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, says...

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

On Apr 21, 12:44*am, Dave Doe wrote:

So many variables. **Plane* for starters!

Of course in simulators it will be the same. *He doesnt' fly a plane
where weight and balance issues come to play that affect trim settings
like in my real plane.

Ummm, for starters plane comes in lighter after a flight.... *:-)))

One other thing, I wouldn't have my trim set in the same spot on EVERY
flight either :-))) as you allude above, more variables then just set
trim and take off / land.

I found that I trimmed the aircraft to fly in what ever attitude I
required at that time.
I didn't make a point of examining where the pointer was .

Exactly. In one plane I fly, the white line is pretty much
worn off beyond recognition. ( I find it later after landing)

Where do you set it before first T/O ?

--
Duncan.- Hide quoted text -

There is a white line on the wheel, and I set it
even with the indicator arrow, or...at a "neutral"
position. (in other words, no trim)

Mark

Why would you think the take off mark on the trim wheel sets trim to
neutral (whatever that means)?

Why would you think it doesn't? I think it's clear enough
what neutral means here. The trim is even with the
elevator. Elementary concept.

---
Mark

Old April 23rd 10, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

Default "ari" aka "jeffrey bloss" aka "the spamming turd"

*lol*

Because it's.

Old April 23rd 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
a[_3_]

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

Oh really? It depends on how the airplane is rigged. Most are rigged
for effective flight, not effective take off. You'd give away airspeed
if the trim tabs, assuming you have them, are not in trail at cruise.
I can further assure you in some airplanes, my Mooney for example, you
could look at the horizontal stabilizer elevator combination for a
long time and have no idea of the trim setting.
Old April 23rd 10, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

On Apr 23, 5:53*pm, a wrote:
On Apr 23, 4:34*pm, Mark wrote:

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

long time and have no idea of the trim setting.- Hide quoted text -

I tell ya what. Rather than me theorizing on why we do
what we do at the academy, I'll call one of my instructors
for a more definitive answer. No one around tonight, I
already called. One is rated for jets, a former airline
professional. And my other one also flys Chinook
helicopters for the Army. Not having the checklist in
hand I'm really commenting from memory.

---
Mark
Old April 23rd 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

On Apr 23, 5:53*pm, a wrote:
On Apr 23, 4:34*pm, Mark wrote:

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

I did find this with a quick search, which seems to
corroberrate what I've been saying.

----
http://whitts.alioth.net/Pagec1C-152.htm

Flying C-152 Patterns Cessna's way

Last week (9-7-99)I failed a checkride at a certified Cessna Agency in
a C-152. I was surprised to find out that with judicious use of
initial trim setting for takeoff and power, it is Cessna's standard
instructional procedure to negate any use of trim. The C-152 can be
leveled from climb at 80 knots just by a reduction in power to 2200
rpm. No trim necessary. The abeam the numbers reduction of power to
1600 and the first ten degrees of flaps gives an approach speed of 70
knots and power at 1500. No trim necessary. The addition of flaps in
the turns gives sufficient lift/drag to make this one power setting
applicable for the whole descent. The base turn is accompanied by the
second notch of flaps. Result is an approach speed of 65-knots. No
trim necessary. The full flap condition is applied in the turn to
final.and the speed drops to 60 knots for the final approach. Keep 60-
knots into the roundout and flare at 54 knot by keeping the nose
slightly below the end of the runway. By letting students see where
they are going we keep them from being frightened..

Insult was added to injury when I found that the C-172N could be flown
and landed the same way. according to Cessna I have been flying their
aircraft incorrectly for over 30-years. Even my first instructor, who
became a factory representative for Cessna, taught me incorrectly by
emphasizing the use of trim. This old-dog has learned a new trick. Oh,
lordy, I have seen the error of my ways and have a ton of repenting to
do. Where was Arenias when I needed him?

---
Mark

Old April 23rd 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mark

Default Ari Bloss embarasses himself again

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:12:29 -0700 (PDT), Mark TROLLING as Livingston
wrote:

Mark inventor/artist/pilot/guitarist/scientist/philosopher/
scratch golfer/cat wrangler and observer of the mundane.
And much much more including wealthy beyond anything you can imagine.
My website http://www.hosanna1.com/ www.myspace.com/gayincarolina
Old April 23rd 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ari[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:34:02 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Apr 23, 5:53*pm, a wrote:
On Apr 23, 4:34*pm, Mark wrote:

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

Which one was trained in training mental health casenutz...like you,
Mark(ie), that's the guy we want to shoot!
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old April 23rd 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ari[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:34:23 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

On Apr 21, 4:39*pm, george wrote:
On Apr 22, 1:02*am, " wrote:

[...]

*BWAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old April 23rd 10, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ari[_2_]

On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:06:56 -0700 (PDT), Livingston wrote:

Mark

Mark?

Whose Livingston?
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj
Old April 24th 10, 12:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ari[_2_]

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:53:20 -0700 (PDT), Mark wrote:

I did find this with a quick search, which seems to
corroberrate

Nice spellchecker there, FukkNutzoidBoi.

*LOL LOL LOL*
--
A fireside chat not with Ari!
http://tr.im/holj