®i©ardo I sure wish your pictures were bigger

Old November 7th 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default ®i©ardo I sure wish your pictures were bigger

Although the file sizes are around 300k, a pixel dimension of only 640
makes the pictures less enjoyable. What do you think about going up to
900 pixels or larger? Thanks all the same for the Duxford photos - looks
like a great museum.

--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Old November 7th 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

John Meyer wrote:
Although the file sizes are around 300k, a pixel dimension of only 640
makes the pictures less enjoyable. What do you think about going up to
900 pixels or larger? Thanks all the same for the Duxford photos - looks
like a great museum.

Hi John,

I've been using the smaller size because of a request originating from
one of my previous postings.

Is the attached an improvement?

Ricardo

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bloodhound 00 SAM.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	475.3 KB
ID:	19223
Old November 7th 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Woody

I think the size you are using is just about right. There is enough
resolution that the picture can be saved and enlarged in an editor if a
larger picture in needed. Those that post enormous pictures that you can't
see the whole picture without scrolling or use special viewing software are
doing the rest of us a disservice. Duxford is a great museum. I was at the
2002 and 2005 Flying Legends Air Shows and have many pictures I took of
them. I have a relative who volunteers in one of the shops so get to tour
the hangars when I am in England....

"®i©ardo" wrote in message
news

Old November 7th 07, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Woody wrote:
I think the size you are using is just about right. There is enough
resolution that the picture can be saved and enlarged in an editor if a
larger picture in needed. Those that post enormous pictures that you can't
see the whole picture without scrolling or use special viewing software are
doing the rest of us a disservice. Duxford is a great museum. I was at the
2002 and 2005 Flying Legends Air Shows and have many pictures I took of
them. I have a relative who volunteers in one of the shops so get to tour
the hangars when I am in England....

"®i©ardo" wrote in message
news
John Meyer wrote:
Although the file sizes are around 300k, a pixel dimension of only 640
makes the pictures less enjoyable. What do you think about going up to
900 pixels or larger? Thanks all the same for the Duxford photos - looks
like a great museum.

Hi John,

I've been using the smaller size because of a request originating from
one of my previous postings.

Is the attached an improvement?

Ricardo

--
Moving things in still pictures!

Thanks Woody,

I know that one can't please all of the people all of the time, and my
size selection for my postings was done to provide an "instant access"
picture for immediate enjoyment. I'm also mindful of the fact that not
everyone is on broadband, and if you're not then the download time can
be painful!

Ricardo

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old November 8th 07, 09:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Mackenzie

®i©ardo wrote (in part):

John Meyer wrote:
Although the file sizes are around 300k, a pixel dimension of only 640
makes the pictures less enjoyable. What do you think about going up to
900 pixels or larger? Thanks all the same for the Duxford photos - looks
like a great museum.

Hi John,

I've been using the smaller size because of a request originating from
one of my previous postings.

Is the attached an improvement?

Ricardo

Here's the same pic re-saved to 800 x 600 using Irfanview at 85%
resolution. It's a bit larger than yours and less than a third of
the KB, but the resolution is probably good enough for the NG.

Mike

--
Mike Mackenzie (AVCOM Services)
Brisbane, AUSTRALIA

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bloodhound 00 SAM.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	19247
Old November 8th 07, 10:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

Mike Mackenzie wrote:
®i©ardo wrote (in part):

John Meyer wrote:
Although the file sizes are around 300k, a pixel dimension of only 640
makes the pictures less enjoyable. What do you think about going up to
900 pixels or larger? Thanks all the same for the Duxford photos - looks
like a great museum.

Hi John,

I've been using the smaller size because of a request originating from
one of my previous postings.

Is the attached an improvement?

Ricardo

Here's the same pic re-saved to 800 x 600 using Irfanview at 85%
resolution. It's a bit larger than yours and less than a third of
the KB, but the resolution is probably good enough for the NG.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

So many options...

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old November 8th 07, 05:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default ®i©ardo I sure wish your pictures were bigger - IMGP1214a.jpg (1/1)

In article ,
Mike Mackenzie wrote:

®i©ardo wrote (in part):

John Meyer wrote:
Although the file sizes are around 300k, a pixel dimension of only 640
makes the pictures less enjoyable. What do you think about going up to
900 pixels or larger? Thanks all the same for the Duxford photos - looks
like a great museum.

Hi John,

I've been using the smaller size because of a request originating from
one of my previous postings.

Is the attached an improvement?

Ricardo

Here's the same pic re-saved to 800 x 600 using Irfanview at 85%
resolution. It's a bit larger than yours and less than a third of
the KB, but the resolution is probably good enough for the NG.

Mike

That's the ticket: when you resize your original file for this news
group, use a larger pixel dimension and a little more compression to
keep the file size down. Here's one resized to 1195 x 800 pixels, 72
dpi, and quality (compression) set to 9 in Photoshop.

--
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
- Epicurus (341- 270 BC)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP1214a.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	19249
Old November 8th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

John Meyer wrote:
In article ,
Mike Mackenzie wrote:

®i©ardo wrote (in part):

John Meyer wrote:
[...]

I don't remember taking that...

;-)

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old November 8th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

In article ,
®i©ardo wrote:

John Meyer wrote:
In article ,
Mike Mackenzie wrote:

®i©ardo wrote (in part):

John Meyer wrote:
[...]

Hmm - must've been me then! That's at the Planes of Fame Museum in
Chino.