C-172 versus Sundowner

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 8th 06, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default C-172 versus Sundowner

So I've been looking to buy a C-172 and came across this Sundowner.

I've heard all the "Slowdowner" stories and did a side-by-side
from the published specs:

Cruise speed and roc: Sundowner slightly better

Payload: Sundowner slightly better

Runway required: C-172 slightly better.

Fuel burn: C-172 better

Interior room: Sundowner better

Quirks: C-172 none, Sundowner appears to require a bit of dual to
learn how to land without porpoising.

Interior room: Sundowner better

Maintenance: C-172 a bit cheaper (according to my local wrench)

Price: Sundowner $20k - $30k cheaper than comperable TTAF/SMOH/equipped
C-172s, this buys a lot of fuel and maintenance.

I have no intention of ever going to anything other than a paved strip.

Comments?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

Air Force Aerial Refueling Methods: Flying Boom versus Hose-and-Drogue Mike Naval Aviation 26 July 11th 06 11:38 PM
"zero" versus "oscar" versus "sierra" Ron Garret Piloting 30 December 20th 04 08:49 AM
Beech Sundowner strobe power supply location???? Jack McAdams Owning 3 September 13th 03 09:18 PM
Beechcraft Sundowner VM Owning 4 August 9th 03 04:05 AM
Cessna 340 Tie down versus Hangar endre Owning 11 July 17th 03 01:49 AM