Sperry Gyrosyn Compass

Old March 10th 05, 05:25 AM
Bill Adams

Default Sperry Gyrosyn Compass

I have aquired a Gyroscopic Directional Indicator made by Sperry Gyroscope
Co Part # 669926-6. Problem is I don't know anything about it and can not
seem to find any documentation about it (ie. what voltage rating, pin-out,
etc). I called Honeywell who bought out Sperry and they told me there were
no more manuals in existence. I find that very hard to believe. Someone
somewhere has got a manual for this instrument. If anyone could help me I
would be very grateful. At this point I am totally frustrated.

Old April 16th 05, 07:24 PM

Bill Adams wrote:
I have aquired a Gyroscopic Directional Indicator made by Sperry Gyroscope
Co Part # 669926-6. Problem is I don't know anything about it and can not
seem to find any documentation about it (ie. what voltage rating, pin-out,
etc). I called Honeywell who bought out Sperry and they told me there were
no more manuals in existence. I find that very hard to believe. Someone
somewhere has got a manual for this instrument. If anyone could help me I
would be very grateful. At this point I am totally frustrated.

Is it a gyro compass? What is the Mk and Mod number? Ther should be some
kind of name plate data.
John Borio
Gyro Tech USN Ret
Old January 30th 11, 01:53 AM
sherrell grubbs sherrell grubbs is offline
Junior Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Adams View Post
I have aquired a Gyroscopic Directional Indicator made by Sperry Gyroscope
Co Part # 669926-6. Problem is I don't know anything about it and can not
seem to find any documentation about it (ie. what voltage rating, pin-out,
etc). I called Honeywell who bought out Sperry and they told me there were
no more manuals in existence. I find that very hard to believe. Someone
somewhere has got a manual for this instrument. If anyone could help me I
would be very grateful. At this point I am totally frustrated.
The unit you are talking about is part of a Sperry C4 compass system which includes flux gate,gyro,amp and a couple of other things.My airplane has the system,been looking for what you have.Do you know where another one is,could you send me a couple of pix front and back of the unit .
sherrell grubbs 972-931-9253

Vertical Card Compass Mystery Rosspilot Owning 3 November 3rd 04 07:01 PM
Do you use your magnetic compass? Roger Long Piloting 42 May 25th 04 12:08 PM
Strange compass behavior me Owning 10 February 14th 04 05:24 AM
Looking for a PZL compass Kirk Stant Soaring 8 February 12th 04 10:27 PM
Compass turning error Marty Ross Piloting 3 August 21st 03 02:53 PM