A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Wanted: Discus 2bx for Std Nats

Old January 25th 13, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Wanted: Discus 2bx for Std Nats

I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA
Old January 26th 13, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, January 25, 2013 7:50:44 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA

Interesting you want to fly a standard class glider in the Sports Class. Is the reason handicap or something else?

Sean Franke
HA
Old January 26th 13, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Jan 25, 9:50*am, wrote:

TIA,

TA

You should have bought that Std Cirrus when you had the chance...

Steve
Old January 26th 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:46:07 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:

TIA,

TA

Steve

thank god he didn't. hey frank if you want to borrow it i can check with my partner
Old January 28th 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Nice to know I have so many 'helpful' friends ;-).

To answer Sean's question (and btw, nice going at the WGC Sean!): The reason is that the final proposed rule changes for 2013 (see http://ssa.org/files/member/2013%20R...ry%20Final.pdf) includes the provision for two separate classes at the 2013 Sports Class Championship - 'Modern' and 'U.S. Club'. The U.S. Club class is open to gliders with a handicap of 0.898 or greater, which happens to include the LS-8 and D2b. As I currently fly a V2bx, I'm pretty sure I would also fit in a D2b, and thus the opportunity to compete in U.S. Club Class at the upcoming 2013 Sports Class Championship. In addition, with a D2b I could of course compete in the 2013 Std Class Nats at Chilhowee, making the idea even more attractive. A completely separate question is whether or not the pilot (that would be me) would be competitive at either event ;-).

However, just for full disclosure, I have also heard that the U.S. Competition Committee may object to having the LS-8 and D2b included in the handicap range for the U.S. Club Class, so we won't really know which way the cat jumps until after the February SSA meeting.

Regards,

Frank

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:39:00 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
On Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:46:07 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:

TIA,

TA

Steve

thank god he didn't. hey frank if you want to borrow it i can check with my partner