Wanted: Discus 2bx for Std Nats

Old January 25th 13, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wanted: Discus 2bx for Std Nats

I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA
Old January 26th 13, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, January 25, 2013 7:50:44 AM UTC-8, wrote:
I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA

Interesting you want to fly a standard class glider in the Sports Class. Is the reason handicap or something else?

Sean Franke
HA
Old January 26th 13, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Jan 25, 9:50*am, wrote:
I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA

You should have bought that Std Cirrus when you had the chance...

Steve
Old January 26th 13, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:46:07 PM UTC-6, Steve Leonard wrote:
On Jan 25, 9:50*am, wrote:

I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA

You should have bought that Std Cirrus when you had the chance...

Steve

thank god he didn't. hey frank if you want to borrow it i can check with my partner
Old January 28th 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Nice to know I have so many 'helpful' friends ;-).

To answer Sean's question (and btw, nice going at the WGC Sean!): The reason is that the final proposed rule changes for 2013 (see http://ssa.org/files/member/2013%20R...ry%20Final.pdf) includes the provision for two separate classes at the 2013 Sports Class Championship - 'Modern' and 'U.S. Club'. The U.S. Club class is open to gliders with a handicap of 0.898 or greater, which happens to include the LS-8 and D2b. As I currently fly a V2bx, I'm pretty sure I would also fit in a D2b, and thus the opportunity to compete in U.S. Club Class at the upcoming 2013 Sports Class Championship. In addition, with a D2b I could of course compete in the 2013 Std Class Nats at Chilhowee, making the idea even more attractive. A completely separate question is whether or not the pilot (that would be me) would be competitive at either event ;-).

However, just for full disclosure, I have also heard that the U.S. Competition Committee may object to having the LS-8 and D2b included in the handicap range for the U.S. Club Class, so we won't really know which way the cat jumps until after the February SSA meeting.

Regards,

Frank

On Jan 25, 9:50*am, wrote:

I'm looking for a Discus 2bx to fly in the U.S. Sports and/or Std Nats this coming season. I'm after this particular model because it has the same fuselage as my V2bx and I know I'll fit ;-).

If you are interested in a rent/trade agreement, please contact me at 'paynterf[at]gmail[dot]com'

TIA,

TA

You should have bought that Std Cirrus when you had the chance...

Steve

thank god he didn't. hey frank if you want to borrow it i can check with my partner

Wanted: Discus B or ASW-24 in the USA Tim Hanke Soaring 0 November 10th 11 11:19 PM
Discus CS wanted Rick Hoffmann Soaring 0 November 1st 10 05:57 PM
Wanted DIscus CS or Discus B [email protected] Soaring 0 November 14th 08 01:17 PM
Glider Wanted for US 15M Nats OF Soaring 1 July 5th 05 04:36 AM
Contest dates? 2004 18m nats / 15m nats/ sports class nats John Soaring 0 September 4th 03 05:37 AM