First flight of 2008 -- Madison, WI (KMSN)

Old January 3rd 08, 11:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig601XLBuilder

Default First flight of 2008 -- Madison, WI (KMSN)

Marco Leon wrote:
"Ross" wrote in message
I was told it is the balled up lead deposits in the spark plugs that needs
to be cleaned out while servicing them. This by a 50+ year A&P.

Perhaps I heard from a more contemporary source.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dingleberry

n. Vulgar Slang

1. A piece of dried feces caught in the hair around the anus.
2. An incompetent, foolish, or stupid person.

So basically MX?
Old January 3rd 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell

"Marco Leon" wrote in message
"Ross" wrote in message
I was told it is the balled up lead deposits in the spark plugs that
needs to be cleaned out while servicing them. This by a 50+ year A&P.

Perhaps I heard from a more contemporary source.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dingleberry

Dingleberry is a bit dated though, the new word is actually klingon.

Hince it is said that the simularity between StarTrek and a roll of toilet
tissue is that - both go around and around your Uranus looking for Klingons.

Don't know how that would relate to spark plugs.

Old January 4th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
Margy and I bailed out of Oshkosh early one year and flew down to
Madison and rented a car there so we could do some touring of the
Frank Lloyd Wright stuff in the area.

Did you get to Racine? Lots of FLW stuff there, thanks to Johnson
Wax.

We had planned on doing a "flying week" around, but as Ron said Madison
gave us "any runway" as there were level 5's just south and the weather
stayed awful for the entire week, so we drove. We missed the tour of
the Johnson Wax building, but did spend quite a bit of time at
Wingspread where I struck up a conversation with the gardener. I now
have ferns from the Wingspread garden in my garden :-). We met someone
we voluteered with at OSH on the street in Chicago and general had a
good time. A week later the weather cleared and we were flying home.
We had a friend (instrument rated and all) who planned on leaving OSH a
few hours after we bugged out and he ended up stuck on the field for days.

Margy (not from my real email address, my real one is my first name at
my first and last names.com)
Old January 4th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

We had planned on doing a "flying week" around, but as Ron said Madison
gave us "any runway" as there were level 5's just south and the weather
stayed awful for the entire week, so we drove. We missed the tour of the
Johnson Wax building, but did spend quite a bit of time at Wingspread
where I struck up a conversation with the gardener. I now have ferns from
the Wingspread garden in my garden :-).

Wingspread is beautiful, and the Johnson Wax building is stunning. I grew
up with them always in the background.

Both are typical FLW structures, however -- maintenance hogs that are
completely impractical for human occupation. But, boy, do they look cool!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Dallas wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 06:45:17 -0800 (PST), Jay Honeck wrote:

I'll believe it when I see it -- the OAT right now is -1 degrees
fahrenheit.

Ouch... reminds me of a line from a Ron White stand up performance.

He looked at the thermometer and it was reading zero.

His wife asked him what the temperature was and he replied, "There isn't
one..."

My daughter (now a meteorlogist) called home from school to say
degree(s) should not be singular!!

Margy
Old January 4th 08, 06:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in news:c7ff7ab6-e3cc-44ac-a791-
:

Umm, Jay, do you know what a "dingleberry" is??

Yep.

Another perl of aviation wisdom from Norman Bates.

Bertie

Touch and Goes at KMBO Madison MS [email protected] Piloting 2 December 9th 07 04:44 AM
Good shops in Madison WI [email protected] Owning 1 December 7th 04 07:42 PM
Hangars in Madison WI Al Owning 4 May 11th 04 04:42 PM
Madison [email protected] Restoration 0 April 25th 04 07:12 AM
The FAA Flight plan 2004-2008 John Harlow Piloting 0 November 12th 03 05:43 AM