SeeYou Problem?

Old July 21st 05, 05:55 AM
P. Corbett

Default SeeYou Problem?

Occasionally, a flight viewed with SeeYou will have a normal General
Statistics section but will have a a blank Flight Statistics section. These
flights were definitely logged because they can be seen in both 2D and 3D.

Here is a clue...each time this happens the General Statistic section shows
that the times the flight started and ended are the same and the flight
duration is therefore zero. I do not know if this is a software bug or an
error I am making in setup or use.

I would appreciate any advice or thoughts on this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Old July 21st 05, 06:19 AM
Paul M. Cordell

P. Corbett wrote:
Occasionally, a flight viewed with SeeYou will have a normal General
Statistics section but will have a a blank Flight Statistics section. These
flights were definitely logged because they can be seen in both 2D and 3D.

Here is a clue...each time this happens the General Statistic section shows
that the times the flight started and ended are the same and the flight
duration is therefore zero. I do not know if this is a software bug or an
error I am making in setup or use.

I would appreciate any advice or thoughts on this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

I am having the same problem. A flight viewed in V3.1 will show no
details in the Flight Statistics Phases. The same flight viewed in v
2.4 will show all statistics. I posted this problem on the SEE YOU
support forum on 4/8/05 and supplied flight logs. Still no resolution.
Old July 21st 05, 08:21 AM
P. Corbett

Paul

For the record, I am using v2.4.

Load a flight where the stats are missing. Look in the General Information
area at the top of the statistics page. Is the "soaring begin" time the same
as the "soaring end" time? Is the duration zero or possibly even negative?
This is what I see when my flight stats are missing. Also, for me this
problem occurs about every 2nd or 3rd flight... some are okay.

Could this be a logger issue?

Paul Corbett

Old July 21st 05, 09:39 PM
Nyal Williams

I loaded a 300k declared triangle. The declaration
is there and the trace is there. The stats dropped
the start (thought I had an engine running in a Discus)
did not list the turnpoints, and indicated a start
when I finished, and then showed a photofinish 10 minutes
later and 10 miles away.

Downloading this flight through StrePla gave a proper
trace.

I was using a Volkslogger.

I have no clue!

Old July 21st 05, 10:15 PM
5Z

There is an option in SeeYou to ignore the ENL. After you open the
flight, go to Edit - flight properties and select "pure glider"
(though I don't know what's so impure about my ASH-26E . Since most
loggers use sound to detect ENL, mistakes can happen if the cockpit is
too noisy or the logger is too sensitive.

As for the other problesms, it would be nice if others could have a
look at the flight. I suggest you post this to the OLC and let us see.
If it's too late, then put it somewhere on a website or enail it
directly to me and anyone else in this thread that may have some
suggestions.

-Tom

Old July 22nd 05, 02:10 AM
P. Corbett

Tom:

I have looked for the Ignore ENL option but cannot find it. Can you tell me
where I might find it? Thanks.

Paul
oups.com...

Old July 22nd 05, 03:24 PM
5Z

Paul,
Open the flight in SeeYou, then right click to bring up a menu and
select flight properties.
On the flight tab you can select "pure glider". There, you can also
edit soaring begin and end times, which will then be reflected in all
further analysis.

-Tom

Old July 22nd 05, 04:24 PM
P. Corbett

Tom:

BINGO!

I did as you suggested and the flight stats were displayed immediately. I
hope this solution works for the others have the same problem.

Thanks again,

Paul Corbett
ZZ
oups.com...

Old July 22nd 05, 05:27 PM
Paul M. Cordell

Thanks Tom,

I tried your fix in V 3.1. The Phases Tab of the Statistics page is
still blank. I did have the correct times in the Soaring Begin and
End box's.

Old July 22nd 05, 08:06 PM
Nyal Williams

This fixed my problem also.

Nyal Williams

At 15:42 22 July 2005, P. Corbett wrote:
Tom:

BINGO!

I did as you suggested and the flight stats were displayed
immediately. I
hope this solution works for the others have the same
problem.

Thanks again,

Paul Corbett
ZZ
'5Z' wrote in message
roups.com...
Paul,
Open the flight in SeeYou, then right click to bring
up a menu and
select flight properties.
On the flight tab you can select 'pure glider'. There,
you can also
edit soaring begin and end times, which will then
be reflected in all
further analysis.

-Tom

Heater problem fixed! Jim Burns Owning 14 December 17th 04 10:38 PM
RF interference issue again (esp. for E Drucker and Jim Weir and other RF wizards) Snowbird Owning 77 December 3rd 03 09:10 PM
Help with serious Glider Registration Problem Soaring 5 November 12th 03 04:01 PM
EGT Problem Dennis O'Connor Owning 4 August 27th 03 04:25 PM
Problem: Ground Speed Estimate with Volkslogger and WinPilot RamyYanetz Soaring 3 August 26th 03 03:06 PM