grumman aa-5 stall warning delay

Old January 8th 09, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default grumman aa-5 stall warning delay

Mike Noel wrote:
Are the Warriors different from the Archers? My 74 has a light but no horn.
Perhaps the Warrior wing gives a more abrupt stall? My constant chord wing
gives plenty of warning without a horn.

I didn't think so.

The Warriors I flew ('78,'78, & '79) were newer than your Archer, which
might be the reason for the horn.
Old January 11th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_19_]

My 76 Warrior has a horn.

VERY difficult to stall tho..

Wle instaled Art Mattisons VGs and gap seals and we can fly around
easily with the horn blowing. (They lowered our stall speed by about 4
- 5 knts)

At lighter loads, we don't even have a departure stall. It just flies
along with the VSI steady, full power, 15 deg of bank and the yoke
full back.

Almost temped to rewrite the POH...

Dave

Old January 12th 09, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John Godwin

"vaughn" wrote in
:

What? You have a stall warning that you can actually hear? Be
thankful!

Earlier Pipers I've flown (e.g. Comanche 260B) had a light; other
aircraft didn't even have a stall warning.