A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Free Checkride / Free Room at Marfa, southwest Texas

Old December 1st 12, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa
external usenet poster

Default Free Checkride / Free Room at Marfa, southwest Texas

From now to March 31, 2013, I'm offering free checkrides for FAA Glider (Private / Commercial applicants, add-on or initial) and CFI-Glider add-on's, renewals and reinstatements.

It occurs to me that many student pilots and transition pilots need to simply FINISH what they started, so here is the offer: FREE checkride means FREE tows and ASK-21 glider rental for the checkride flights. NO examiner fee. This offer does NOT involve any shortcuts. Your checkride (Practical Test) will be comprehensive and by the book -- the FAA Practical Test Standards for the rating sought. You can take additional training with us at Marfa or arrive with the FAR part 61 requirements met and your endorsements -- or we can help you finish here.

Applicants for the checkride can stay for FREE in my two bedroom guest house with kitchen and dining/study area, next to my home, just 3 miles from Marfa Airport (KMRF.) Total savings for the checkride and room could be about $1,000.

I'm hoping that my offer may help grow soaring and motivate you to finish that glider rating or renew your CFIG. Offer begins December 1 and expires March 31, 2013. First come-first served. Marfa is located southeast of El Paso on a grassy plateau (5,000' above sea level) near the scenic Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Park. Airlines serve El Paso (ELP) and Midland (MAF) airports.

Send me your contact information and I'll respond PRIVATELY with more details and answers to your questions. "Someday" is NOW.

Burt Compton
Marfa Gliders Soaring Center, Texas
Old December 1st 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike C
external usenet poster

On Friday, November 30, 2012 5:45:32 PM UTC-7, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
From now to March 31, 2013, I'm offering free checkrides for FAA Glider (Private / Commercial applicants, add-on or initial) and CFI-Glider add-on's, renewals and reinstatements.

It occurs to me that many student pilots and transition pilots need to simply FINISH what they started, so here is the offer: FREE checkride means FREE tows and ASK-21 glider rental for the checkride flights. NO examiner fee. This offer does NOT involve any shortcuts. Your checkride (Practical Test) will be comprehensive and by the book -- the FAA Practical Test Standards for the rating sought. You can take additional training with us at Marfa or arrive with the FAR part 61 requirements met and your endorsements -- or we can help you finish here.

Applicants for the checkride can stay for FREE in my two bedroom guest house with kitchen and dining/study area, next to my home, just 3 miles from Marfa Airport (KMRF.) Total savings for the checkride and room could be about $1,000.

I'm hoping that my offer may help grow soaring and motivate you to finish that glider rating or renew your CFIG. Offer begins December 1 and expires March 31, 2013. First come-first served. Marfa is located southeast of El Paso on a grassy plateau (5,000' above sea level) near the scenic Davis Excellent!

The rubber meets the road in Marfa.

Mountains and Big Bend National Park. Airlines serve El Paso (ELP) and Midland (MAF) airpor

Send me your contact information and I'll respond PRIVATELY with more details and answers to your questions. "Someday" is NOW.

Burt Compton

Marfa Gliders Soaring Center, Texas

Old December 1st 12, 01:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig R.
external usenet poster

Burt,

An incredibly kind offer.

Thank you for your efforts to support soaring.

Craig R.

Old December 1st 12, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne
external usenet poster

Awesome! Way to go Burt!

aerodyne
Old December 1st 12, 04:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade
external usenet poster

Burt - is contact information posted somewhere, for those who want to take you up on your very kind offer?

--Noel

Old December 1st 12, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 1, 2012 8:45:45 AM UTC-8, noel.wade wrote:
Burt - is contact information posted somewhere, for those who want to take you up on your very kind offer?

I guess this new version of r.a.s. doesn't have the "reply to author" feature.

marfagliders at AOL dott com will work.
Send your contact info for a private response or telephone call from me.
BC
Old December 1st 12, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber
external usenet poster

On Saturday, December 1, 2012 12:30:03 PM UTC-5, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
I guess this new version of r.a.s. doesn't have the "reply to author" feature.

Reply to Author by clicking on the little down pointing triangle next to the Post Reply button

Old December 3rd 12, 07:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

OKAY, now, all you wannabe-CFIG's, here's your opportunity! What a generous offer!

AND,DID YOU KNOW?

Yes, You can become a CFIG-Light Sport without having a Commercial-Glider rating! Yes, it's true! AND many two-place trainers, including L-23, 2-33 fit within the LSA criteria (1320# max. gross, 120K cruise speed)

If I didn't already have my ratings, I'd sure be going for this!

SteveF (CFI-AI&G, AGI & IGI)
Old December 3rd 12, 07:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, December 3, 2012 1:32:45 PM UTC-6, wrote:
OKAY, now, all you wannabe-CFIG's, here's your opportunity! What a generous offer! AND,DID YOU KNOW? Yes, You can become a CFIG-Light Sport without having a Commercial-Glider rating! Yes, it's true! AND many two-place trainers, including L-23, 2-33 fit within the LSA criteria (1320# max. gross, 120K cruise speed) If I didn't already have my ratings, I'd sure be going for this! SteveF (CFI-AI&G, AGI & IGI)

I wouldn't.

Commercial training dovetails nicely into the CFI-G checkride anyway. Plus as a CFI-G Light Sport only you will only be able to spawn Light Sport glider pilots. I have found absolutely no benefit to being a Light Sport glider pilot over a Private or Commercial. Only negatives.
Old December 4th 12, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Burt, we applaud your leadership to get more people to complete the process of become glider pilots.

Williams Soaring Center pledges alongside Burt in his quest to get more pilots finishing up their ratings.

For the next three months, December-February, Rex will waive his DPE fee and Williams Soaring Center will provide the glider and tows at no charge for the check ride. We also have free lodging at the airport. We have two CFIG's to work with you (at our published rates) to get you ready for either a Private, Commercial or CFIG check ride.

We are about a one hour drive North of Sacramento or two hours North of San Francisco.

Now we need someone from the East coast join in Burt's commitment to grow the population of glider pilots this winter.