A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Watering stand for PIK 20

Old March 24th 16, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blake Seese 3Y
external usenet poster

Default Watering stand for PIK 20

Hi All,

I'm looking for info or advice on building a watering stand for my PIK. You can see what I built on my facebook page (Blake Seese) If anyone has pictures of theirs, would love to see them.

Thanks,
3Y
Old March 24th 16, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA
external usenet poster

Default Watering stand for PIK 20

I have built several, for myself and others. Will try to take some photos and send them to you. (I think I still have your email address.) One thing- after going through several of the digital water meters, I finally gave up and got the mechanical meter from Craggy. As long as you can remember your starting number and can do some simple mental arithmetic, it works great.

The digital meters seemed to get less accurate over time- the impeller slows down, probably due to the deposits from hard water in Moriarty. The parts cannot be replaced, and they don't read very well at low flow rates. I got tired of spending the money to replace them every couple of years.