Watering stand for PIK 20

Old March 24th 16, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blake Seese 3Y

Default Watering stand for PIK 20

Hi All,

I'm looking for info or advice on building a watering stand for my PIK. You can see what I built on my facebook page (Blake Seese) If anyone has pictures of theirs, would love to see them.

Thanks,
3Y
Old March 24th 16, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA

I have built several, for myself and others. Will try to take some photos and send them to you. (I think I still have your email address.) One thing- after going through several of the digital water meters, I finally gave up and got the mechanical meter from Craggy. As long as you can remember your starting number and can do some simple mental arithmetic, it works great.

The digital meters seemed to get less accurate over time- the impeller slows down, probably due to the deposits from hard water in Moriarty. The parts cannot be replaced, and they don't read very well at low flow rates. I got tired of spending the money to replace them every couple of years.

Best Stand alone Vario [email protected] Soaring 8 March 18th 15 01:42 AM
STAND DOWN JJ Sinclair[_2_] Soaring 6 August 7th 11 10:50 AM
stand off missiles [email protected] Military Aviation 10 March 29th 04 12:15 AM
What does SCB stand for? Harriet and John Naval Aviation 12 January 19th 04 12:02 AM
An aeroplane that can stand still in air Chandresh Prakash Military Aviation 47 January 11th 04 12:31 PM