transparancy/member information

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 18th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5-BG

Default transparancy/member information

It has now been 3 weeks since the board has posted minutes from excom meeting and no minutes from board meeting are yet posted .
in late sept, we had a flurry of posted minutes of excom meeting, some posted just 2 days after the meeting was held.
point is.. they have the minutes and they have in recent past posted same in timely manner.

At the beginning of this process, we were told that information would be provided.

there are two issues here.
1. for some reason the posting of excom and board minutes has been delayed beyond what we have seen in very recent past.
2. the most recent excom minutes were, imho, edited to delete any summary or substance of the discussion of alternatives or opposing points of views.

how are we to follow the process if we are not given a peek into what is going on. How are we to make our opinions known to our directors if we are not aware of the issues that they are probably divided upon?

what is happening now is that major decisions are being made and a major restructuring being undertaken by a very small group of appointed and well meaning people who are supervised by another appointed, and smaller still, group of well meaning volunteers.

Dissenting opinions are important to the process. circling the wagons and providing sanitized summaries of actions taken is counterproductive.

The restructuring and recovery can be done in an open manner or it can be controlled by a few and information guarded.
There will be factions within the membership and the decision makers battling for each of their sacred cows. That is OK and as it should be. But it is necessary for the membership as a whole to at least be aware of what the hard choices are and of the arguments by opposing sides.
Likewise I believe that we have not been told even a small part of the story in terms of discussions of how to handle the current mess. I realize that there are legal reasons for not publicly discussing certain matters.

I would like to know if a golden parachute was provided to the ex ED when he resigned. if so how much and why.