Busted TFR, what to expect?

Old May 25th 06, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Default Busted TFR, what to expect?

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Can anyone on this list actually claim to check for TFRs for every
local flight in the pattern? Who would have known the VP was going to
be in Sac? He came stealth.

I'm like you, rarely check notams. When prez/vice prez are anywhere in
the state it's big news and you'll hear about it.
Old May 25th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Old May 25th 06, 05:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Neat site. I am going to bookmark that one.

Ross
KSWI

Jerry wrote:

I usually check this FAA web page to see if there is a local TFR.

http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr_map_ims/html/index.html

Jerry in NC

snip
Old May 25th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

I'm like you, rarely check notams. When prez/vice prez are anywhere in
the state it's big news and you'll hear about it.

You would think that would be the case, in this case it was not. The
prez was here about 3 weeks ago and it was all over the paper. There
was nothing that I saw concernnig the VP visit. In fact, I mentioned to
several of the pilots in the area that there was a TFR the other day
and not a single one knew about the TFR or the visit. I believe this
was a stealth visit.

-robert

Old May 25th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Bob,
Who are you dealing with at the FSDO? Is it Henson?

-Robert

Old May 25th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

We just had a briefing from one of the Lockheed Martin AFSS managers and
that is coming. You will be able to log onto a website and provide your
personal information if you wish. Call for a weather briefing and the
briefer will have your name, ratings, etc. It will be funny calling the
briefer and he says "Hello, Ross, what can I do for you today?"

Ross
SKWI

bob wrote:

Q. How would an email notification work, they don't know what airport
you're at?
A. Similar to AOPA's system, the FAA would setup a web page where
pilots voluntarily participating would submit their email address and
location (either state, zip code, or airport ID) and they would receive
emails for TFR and NOTAMs. This would help for the local flights where
many pilots don't get a briefing. The point being, no single method
will work, but an email notification system would be very cheap and
relatively effective for those participating. We might as well
recognize that for local VFR flights there are just a lot of pilots
that don't get briefings, so why not reduce the number of TFR
violations with a simple email system?

Old May 25th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

That really NEAT!

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Ross Richardson wrote:

I usually check this FAA web page to see if there is a local TFR.

http://tfr.faa.gov/tfr_map_ims/html/index.html

Neat site. I am going to bookmark that one.

I ended up sending it to my desktop. I then created this icon to use with it.
The attachment may or may not show up, seeing as how this is a non-binary group.
But what the hell... it's only 2k. A lot of people requote more than that just
because they're too lazy to trim.

Old May 25th 06, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Jon A wrote:
I've seen the fighters fly by my home drone shaking their fists at a
little Cessna when the village idiot was in town. Kinda neat, but not
for the student and his instructor.

There's a West Point TFR Saturday that includes Rhinebeck.

I have this funny image in my mind of an F16 pilot waving at a Fokker
Triplane or Spad, complete with leather helmeted and white scarved
pilot. Now that would be a picture.
Old May 25th 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Roy Smith wrote:

There are lots of problems with the notam system. Still, it is the
official way the FAA notifies pilots of things like TFRs. If you're going
to stick your head in the sand and say you're not going to check for
notams, you deserve what you get when you bust a TFR.

It's not like it's difficult to check...
Old May 25th 06, 06:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.misc

Newps wrote:

I'm like you, rarely check notams. When prez/vice prez are anywhere in
the state it's big news and you'll hear about it.

Are there ever TFRs in Montana?

--
Peter