Women's Worlds

Old January 4th 20, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Striedieck[_2_]

Default Women's Worlds

SHE SCOOOORRRRREES! Sarah Arnold clobbered the field on the first day at the Women's Worlds in Australia.
Old January 4th 20, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Go Sarah!!!
Old January 4th 20, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

I looked on the SSA site for a link. No Luck Nothing on the Blog
Is anyone writing up the event?
Old January 4th 20, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 10:20:25 AM UTC-5, Nick Kennedy wrote:
I looked on the SSA site for a link. No Luck Nothing on the Blog
Is anyone writing up the event?

https://ussoaringteams.org/
Also on Facebook.
UH
Old January 4th 20, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Wesley

https://soaring.eu/
Old January 4th 20, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 6:55:40 AM UTC-6, Karl Striedieck wrote:
SHE SCOOOORRRRREES! Sarah Arnold clobbered the field on the first day at the Women's Worlds in Australia.

.....by 8km/hr! Took 1,000pts in a 460km task (standard).
Not a fan of Facebook's or the SSA's "platform"; try this for recent updates:
https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/10...t-2020/results
Old January 4th 20, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 4:55:40 AM UTC-8, Karl Striedieck wrote:
SHE SCOOOORRRRREES! Sarah Arnold clobbered the field on the first day at the Women's Worlds in Australia.

Amazing!!!!
Old January 4th 20, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sarah Arnold

To follow the race, here’s the list of links.

US Team website: https://ussoaringteams.org/ - check here for daily blog posts by John Good, our team captain

Live Tracking: http://gtracklive.com/event.php?eventID=53 – races typically start around 9-10 PM EST

Scores: https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/10...t-2020/results

Ritz’s famous soaring blog: http://soaring.eu/

US Team Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ussoaringteams/
WWGC team USA Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wwgc_usa/
US Team Twitter: https://twitter.com/soaringusa/

WWGC website: https://wwgc2019.com/
Webcam at the runway: https://wwgc2019.com/webcam/
Live CTAF radio: https://wwgc2019.com/live-ctaf-radio/

Kathy, Sylvia, and I are feeling the love, and want to thank all for your fantastic support!

Sarah
Old January 5th 20, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

On Saturday, January 4, 2020 at 1:07:01 PM UTC-8, Sarah Arnold wrote:
To follow the race, here’s the list of links.

US Team website: https://ussoaringteams.org/ - check here for daily blog posts by John Good, our team captain

Live Tracking: http://gtracklive.com/event.php?eventID=53 – races typically start around 9-10 PM EST

Scores: https://www.soaringspot.com/en_gb/10...t-2020/results

Ritz’s famous soaring blog: http://soaring.eu/

US Team Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ussoaringteams/
WWGC team USA Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wwgc_usa/
US Team Twitter: https://twitter.com/soaringusa/

WWGC website: https://wwgc2019.com/
Webcam at the runway: https://wwgc2019.com/webcam/
Live CTAF radio: https://wwgc2019.com/live-ctaf-radio/

Kathy, Sylvia, and I are feeling the love, and want to thank all for your fantastic support!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah,

Posting the links in addition to keeping up with the of tasks and focus it takes to be a world class competitor is above and beyond. Focus on the flying. We'll be ok here and are cheering the whole team on.

I'm looking forward to hearing you and the rest of the team when you present at Little Rock.

Go Team!

Craig Funston
JN
Old January 5th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Hey Sarah...to you and others in the contest....we will follow, huge pat on the back to all of you being there...bigger pat on the back for decent days....
Congrats on yesterday (time zones may mess this up...sigh...).
Stay safe...never win in a day, can lose everything on a day...."get high high, go fast, leave clean underwear....keep the ship flyable for tomorrow"....sorta added to family that I have dealt with for close to 40 years, also they were in worlds...so...have at it...keep the rules in mind...good show yesterday....!!

Day Win at Jr Worlds for USA [email protected] Soaring 4 August 16th 11 08:46 PM
LS-10 at the worlds. Why only ONE? John Bojack[_2_] Soaring 2 August 9th 10 08:39 AM
The Women, pt 2 - Etihad - women pilots.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_4_] Aviation Photos 2 April 19th 10 02:05 PM
Worlds first? nimbusgb Soaring 4 February 15th 08 02:05 AM
pre worlds BB Soaring 5 July 29th 07 01:59 AM