ANOTHER airspace incursion in D.C.?

Old November 11th 03, 07:49 PM
Andrew Gideon

Larry Dighera wrote:

There is item on Avweb that the TSA Fed heads are pushing
for mandatory criminal sentencing for incursions.

How will that enhance security?

More work for TSA staffers.

You mean job security, right?

- Andrew

Old November 11th 03, 07:51 PM
Rosspilot

wrote What
the hell is wrong with these guys?

Ron Natalie saysThey're probably from Iowa

LOL . . .

www.Rosspilot.com

Old November 11th 03, 08:05 PM
John Clonts

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
. ..

"Peter Gottlieb" wrote in message

news
Some info on the AOPA site.

Of course the AOPA touts their realtime TFR tracker. But this isn't even

(anymore) a temporary
restriction. Of course can't convince NACO to chart the blasted thing.

NACO's excuse: they
can't chart a temporary airspace. This is doubly wrong because in

addition to not being temproary,
they've charted temporary airspace in the past. We had a special purple

dot version of the DC
sectional and TAC chart back when we had the prelim rounds of the olympic

soccer matches at
several venues in the area.

Yes, and the Expanded P-49 TFR is charted on the San Antonio sectional...

Cheers,
John Clonts
Temple, Texas
N7NZ

Old November 11th 03, 08:06 PM
Ben Smith

Anyone got any details on this?

N488RD is what I saw on TV yesterday. '66 M20E, looked pretty nice. Newer
paint scheme, 3 blade prop.

Old November 11th 03, 08:30 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Ben Smith wrote:

N488RD is what I saw on TV yesterday. '66 M20E, looked pretty nice. Newer
paint scheme, 3 blade prop.

Based in Jacksonville.

George Patterson
If you're not part of the solution, you can make a lot of money prolonging
the problem.
Old November 11th 03, 09:52 PM
Jay Honeck

There is item on Avweb that the TSA Fed heads are pushing
for mandatory criminal sentencing for incursions.

How will that enhance security?

This issue isn't about security -- the concept of an ADIZ providing security
is complete crap.

But face it, ladies and gentlemen -- the ADIZ is there. We can all see it on
the map. It's not like a pop-up TFR, that comes and goes like the wind.

The Feds are going to lose patience with these incursions, bet on it. And
then we'll all be screwed.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 11th 03, 10:37 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:8Scsb.172340$HS4.1397531@attbi_s01...

But face it, ladies and gentlemen -- the ADIZ is there. We can all see it on
the map.

What map is that, Jay? There is no published map with the ADIZ on it.

It's not like a pop-up TFR, that comes and goes like the wind.

It came like the wind. The New York one disappeared with the wind (causing
some FAA employees in the NY area to think the DC one went away when we
went back to code yellow.

The Feds are going to lose patience with these incursions, bet on it. And
then we'll all be screwed.

We're already screwed Jay.

Old November 11th 03, 10:56 PM
Jay Honeck

What map is that, Jay? There is no published map with the ADIZ on it.

Here's three, to start with. Found 'em in about three clicks.

http://www.nafcflying.org/DCADIZ.htm

http://www.aeroplanner.com/notams/DCADIZ.cfm

http://www.fortmeadeflyingactivity.o...pif_03-02.html

The Feds are going to lose patience with these incursions, bet on it.

And
then we'll all be screwed.

We're already screwed Jay.

Not me. But I will be, if doofuses like the Mooney driver keeps screwing
the pooch.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 12th 03, 02:50 AM
EDR

In article IOdsb.174151$Tr4.466973@attbi_s03, Jay Honeck
wrote:

What map is that, Jay? There is no published map with the ADIZ on it.

Here's three, to start with. Found 'em in about three clicks.

http://www.nafcflying.org/DCADIZ.htm

http://www.aeroplanner.com/notams/DCADIZ.cfm

http://www.fortmeadeflyingactivity.o...pif_03-02.html

The Feds are going to lose patience with these incursions, bet on it.

And
then we'll all be screwed.

We're already screwed Jay.

But it is nowhere to be found on an official, for navigational use,
government printed and distributed chart. That is the arguement. Charts
are printed every six months, why can it not be included?
Old November 12th 03, 03:47 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:IOdsb.174151$Tr4.466973@attbi_s03...
What map is that, Jay? There is no published map with the ADIZ on it.

Here's three, to start with. Found 'em in about three clicks.

None of those are published.
None are provided by the FAA.
It's rediculous that the standard sectionals/TAC's do not depict this
airspace which they claim is so danged important to the security of
the country.

We're already screwed Jay.

Not me. But I will be, if doofuses like the Mooney driver keeps screwing
the pooch.

Try coming to DC.