Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Old August 9th 07, 09:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

In article ,
shiver wrote:

Just Plane Noise wrote:

It took me all of one second to find yEnc TZ, a free utility that even
has a version for OS 7 as well as all later versions.
http://www.turbozen.com/mac/yenc/

Yes and over the past few years three other people before you came up
with the very same utility in the very same amount of time.

IT DOES NOT WORK WITH MY MACINTOSH.

First in order to decode a Yenc file you have to be able to download
a Yenc file.

I used to use yEnc TZ on my old Macs when I was running 8.6. It worked
fine. If it's not working for you, you're doing something wrong. My
memory might be fuzzy, but I think what you have to do is use the
Extract Binaries (command-b) to download the files, then drop it onto TZ
to decode them.

Just curious: why are you still running 8.6? If you need just a basic
Mac there are any number of G3 & G4 machines that can be had for CHEAP
that will run OSX and also boot into 8.6, or run it in "Classic" mode.
Well, you might have to use OS9 to do that.

--
One is always considered mad when one perfects something that others can
not grasp.*- Ed Wood
Old August 15th 07, 07:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
AWem

Default * * * - TO THE GROUP - * * *

How on Earth do people (?) find themselves with so much time on their
hands (not to mention supposedly dial-up dollars) to continually post
so much - and so unnecessarily rudely - about so little? If this was a
moderated group, they'd have been chucked off ages ago just for that.

Baffled. Truly baffled.

andy

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:51:38 GMT, shiver
wrote:

TO THE GROUP.

You know folks this has always been a friendly group.

Oh yes a few agitators show up from time to time just like they have
this past few weeks.

But on the average it has always been a friendly group.

It's surprising that in the past few weeks just two or three
johnny come latelys have shown up with a desire to destroy this group.

HEY - LET'S BE HONEST.

They must be here to destroy it because they certainly are not
acting like reponsible adults who wish to build it up.

NOW ARE THEY.?????

I'll bet that these little assholes have jobs and that on the first day
of the job they were told there were certain standards and that they
were expected to follow those standards or else.

I'll bet they raised their children in a household that has certain
standards and that they expected those children to follow those
standards.

I'll bet they sleep beside a woman who has certain standards that have
to be met.... or else.

If they joined a social club, sports club, or any organization there
would be certain standards that they would be expected to adhere too.

Or else they would be told to leave and not come back.

In reality if people don't follow certain standards they get fired from
their jobs, divorced by their wives, or kicked out of the club.

But this is cyber space and instead of coming into the group and
realizing that the majority had settle the Yenc problem by declaring
this a Yenc free group years ago..... they have decided as a small
group
of relative unknowns and newcomers to be total assholes and disregard
the requests of the majority.

They have decided that their standards are more important than the
overall welfare of the group as a whole.

People like Andrew who has been here for ten years posting many many
thousands of pictures can't hold a candle to these guys.

People like Andrew are strictly dirt under their fingernails and the
way they behave is this group is more important than anybody and
everybody else.

But within a few months they will disappear just like every other
asshole who has tried to disrupt this group has disappeared.

They say they won't but we all know they will.

They will realize that no matter how much they mouth off, or try to ram
Yenc down everybodies throat that the following they are hoping for did
not materialize.

And when they realize they have few friends here and that the majority
is not responding to their postings in a positive manner they will go
and this group can get back to normal.

And to you the small group who are disrupting this newsgroup right now
I point out the obvious that you could have come in with your best foot
forward, telling us a little bit about who you are, what your interests
are. You would have seen that Yenc was frowned upon, and for all that
software you talk about I presume that if Yenc can be turned on it can
also be turned off.

Now that would have been the mature way to join the group, and if you
had done that you guys would have been immediately welcomed into this
little group of airplane enthusiasts with open arms.

Instead you have decided that for a short time you will be the assholes
of the group.

And guys I just can't understand why you take that attitude and act
this way when the absolute majority here would rather welcome you with
open arms as new friends.

But that's a decision you guys made.

SO GO AHEAD AND ENJOY YOURSELF.

When you get tired of little or no attention or response, you will
disappear just like every other asshole has disappeared before you,
because you will be ignored just like every other asshole before you
has been ignored.

You guys came here with no friends and you will leave here with no
friends. And that is a decision you guys made all on your own.

Old August 15th 07, 08:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Allen[_1_]

"AWem" wrote in message
How on Earth do people (?) find themselves with so much time on their
hands (not to mention supposedly dial-up dollars) to continually post
so much - and so unnecessarily rudely - about so little? If this was a
moderated group, they'd have been chucked off ages ago just for that.

Baffled. Truly baffled.

andy

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 18:51:38 GMT, shiver
wrote:

TO THE GROUP.

And yet here you are, two weeks later, still stirring the pot.........

Allen

Old August 15th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
®i©ardo

AWem wrote:
How on Earth do people (?) find themselves with so much time on their
hands (not to mention supposedly dial-up dollars)

Well, in the U.K. we have what is called "broadband", and we use pounds
rather than dollars...

to continually post
so much - and so unnecessarily rudely - about so little? If this was a
moderated group, they'd have been chucked off ages ago just for that.

Baffled. Truly baffled.

andy

You have a choice. This is a very well behaved ng compared to many and,
regardless of nationality, we have a common interest and, between us, an
incredible pool of knowledge and photographs which we're happy to share.

You can make your own choice as to participation.

--
Moving things in still pictures!
Old August 15th 07, 08:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

AWem wrote:

so much - and so unnecessarily rudely - about so little?

So come back to the group then and tell us all why you didn't follow
one of the other posting guidelines that has fallen by the wayside.

Yunno the one about trimming posts.
Old August 15th 07, 08:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

shiver wrote:
AWem wrote:

so much - and so unnecessarily rudely - about so little?

So come back to the group then and tell us all why you didn't follow
one of the other posting guidelines that has fallen by the wayside.

Yunno the one about trimming posts.

Stop the BS. You had your say. enough is enough. You went on and on
about people disrupting the group, and then you do it yourself. NUFF
said!!!!
Old August 17th 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

AWem wrote in news:11i6c3hr3vtunjd9k46h52p6d2maa1t8c4@
4ax.com:

How on Earth do people (?) find themselves with so much time on their
hands (not to mention supposedly dial-up dollars) to continually post
so much - and so unnecessarily rudely - about so little? If this was a
moderated group, they'd have been chucked off ages ago just for that.

Baffled. Truly baffled.

andy

It's called broadband
It comes in two flavor DSL and cable
Priced from $25 us and up dependent on server and speed
Secondly many of the massposter use newsreaders that automate the posting
process.
And as to people opining on this and thatit takes no more than time to type
it.
The biggest source of ill will here seems to be between those who attack
the posters who you a compression program called yEnc and those who post
with it and/or can read it.

Hope that little explanation helps