I just have to get it off my chest.

Old July 8th 07, 08:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

Default I just have to get it off my chest.

This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

The only interpretation provided to newbies, is to use a simple reader
like OE. Unless you know the history of yenc software, newbies can't
figure out why an answer like that is provided and the tempers erupt.

You can plonk people to death, but what's the point? If we were at an air
show and I mentioned that I use yenc, would you stop talking to me or I
you? Probably not, that would be rude, so why persist with that type
behavior on this newsgroup?

This group has an aversion to yenc for only one noticeable reason, the
rules here. Yenc has come a long way since its inception. If you take
time to learn it, you might change your mind about it.

It's assumed plonking posters who use yenc will be shamed into leaving or
at least stop any future yenc posts.

I was asked not to post here a long time ago because of the "rules".

That's ok, I won't post anything on this group and subsequently the group
has been denied what I have to share. I don't see the logic in it, but
that's the way this group runs itself. This group only denies themselves
because of an outdated rule.

Every group I use that allows binary posting doesn't seem to have a
problem with yenc. Actually they could care less and personally I have
not had any trouble viewing others yenc postings. What this group needs
is a rule to update its rules which brings me to this point:

I don't understand why an unmoderated group insists on enforcing rules
over a public platform like the Internet. Unless someone is breaking laws
like posting child porn, the ability to enforce a rule like this is non-
existent. It actually invites trouble.

When a new user comes along, where do they go for the list of rules? The
list of do's and do not's appear nowhere when I visit here.

I say it's time to vote again. I say an open vote on a public system like
yahoo should resolve this issue once and for all.

For some reason I have a problem looking at GIF and BMP files only in a
newsgroup. Should that reason alone be reason enough that I ask everyone
not to use those formats?

Eventually I'll find out what the problem is with my readers.

The point here is that what problem "I" have should not be yours which is
what oldtimers here don't understand. If all you see is gibberish, it
isn't decoding. If the software isn't decoding it either has a problem or
doesn't recognize the format.

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

Old July 8th 07, 11:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

Clem, upgrade to what? Why should I upgrade (or install unwanted programmes)
when all you need to do is resize your pictures before you post them. The
best pictures on this NG come from Glenn (IMO) and we don't have to install
any upgraded software to view his images, so what is so special about yours?
If you can't take his lead, maybe you are the loser and we have missed
nothing....

. 97.136...

Old July 8th 07, 02:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Frank[_2_]

"russell" wrote in
:

Clem, upgrade to what? Why should I upgrade (or install unwanted
programmes) when all you need to do is resize your pictures before you
post them. The best pictures on this NG come from Glenn (IMO) and we
don't have to install any upgraded software to view his images, so
what is so special about yours? If you can't take his lead, maybe you
are the loser and we have missed nothing....

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

Clem:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. "Upgrade to what?" Just use your web
browser to search for "yenc newsreader" and you will be rewarded with a
long list of free offerings. Why downsize your images when YENC is so easy.

Frank
Old July 8th 07, 03:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Woody

Default I just have to get it off my chestkillfile.

My solution to YENC posters is just to stick them in the killfile. Stop
trying to dictate what everyone else should use. My solution is if you
insist on YENC I don't want to see your pictures.

"Frank" wrote in message
"russell" wrote in
:

Clem, upgrade to what? Why should I upgrade (or install unwanted
programmes) when all you need to do is resize your pictures before you
post them. The best pictures on this NG come from Glenn (IMO) and we
don't have to install any upgraded software to view his images, so
what is so special about yours? If you can't take his lead, maybe you
are the loser and we have missed nothing....

. 97.136...

Old July 8th 07, 04:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ray O'Hara[_2_]

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

why should i add another program? i don't killfile yenc-ers to be rude but
just to remove clutter.

why should i waste space on my machine for a program i don't want, and which
forces me to download several posts to a special folder and combine them
just to see one picture?

the truth is , if you want people to see your stuff put it in a format they
will use.

its an unmoderated group. so there are no rules, just custom. so feel free
to post in yenc, but also expect to be killfiled by many of us who don't use
it.
it's nothing personal,

Old July 8th 07, 04:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
The Good Poster[_2_]

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...

Every group I use that allows binary posting doesn't seem to have a
problem with yenc. Actually they could care less and personally I have
not had any trouble viewing others yenc postings.

Please name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm.

Joe
TGP