I just have to get it off my chest.

Old July 8th 07, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default I just have to get it off my chest.

"Ray O'Hara" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

why should i add another program? i don't killfile yenc-ers to be
rude but
just to remove clutter.

why should i waste space on my machine for a program i don't want, and
which forces me to download several posts to a special folder and
combine them just to see one picture?

the truth is , if you want people to see your stuff put it in a format
they will use.

its an unmoderated group. so there are no rules, just custom. so feel
free to post in yenc, but also expect to be killfiled by many of us
who don't use it.
it's nothing personal,

Gee 1227K for xnews I might have to remove it
and it reads yenc, speeds up access,rejoins multi part posts, and allows me
to access all header on ng
You might be right I guess I'll just have to go back to the inconvenience
of using OE to access the usenet.
Old July 8th 07, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave[_16_]

Clairbear wrote:
"Ray O'Hara" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
[...]

I think that things should be as simple as possible.
There are quite a few people who don't know how to setup new programs,
like my 85 year old father, but he likes this newsgroup.
He worked for Curtis back in the 30's and 40's in their experimental
aircraft group in Buffalo.

I vote for keeping it as simple and direct as possible so everybody can
enjoy these great photos of beautiful and unique aircraft.
Just my two cents.

Cheers

Dave

Old July 8th 07, 07:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Frank wrote:

Just use your web
browser to search for "yenc newsreader" and you will be rewarded with a
long list of free offerings.

I'll tell you what Frank.

Upgrading my older Mac OS and software is NOT AN OPTION.

So if YOU can find a way for me to view YENC images that won't cost me
any money which I do not have I will be eternally grateful.

However it MUST WORK WITH OS 8.6 and my newsreader YA Newswatcher 5.0.1

And I mean it must work with that system...... PERIOD.

I can tell you that after trying for years and listening to advice from
people just like you that noboday and I mean nobody has been able to
come up with a solution for me.

So I go back to my simple attitude..... If your not willing to post
images to this group or any others in a manner that all can see then
obviously you do not wish me to see your pictures and in that case
it is very simple... I CAN'T MISS WHAT I CAN'T SEE.
Old July 8th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 19:23:30 +0100, shiver wrote
(in message ):

So if YOU can find a way for me to view YENC images that won't cost me
any money which I do not have I will be eternally grateful.

However it MUST WORK WITH OS 8.6 and my newsreader YA Newswatcher 5.0.1

yEnc TZ might help. You'll find it at:

http://www.turbozen.com/mac/yenc/

Note that there are three different versions, depending on the mix
of hardware and software, so make sure you grab the right one.

Old July 8th 07, 08:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Terry M[_3_]

Absolutely. I have to decode yenc in the book newsgroups but before I waste
my time decoding - I already know what I am going to get. Why should I
spend a lot of time downloading a single huge picture then have to decode it
just to find something I don't want in the first place? Post in a downsized
picture format and save me time in viewing. I killfile anyone in the
picture groups which post in yenc because of their inconsideration in
thinking their stuff is so important that they have to post in huge size and
waste my time. Another thing is that many servers (not mine thank goodness)
have very limited server space and posting in yenc can rapidly fill it up
pushing other material off. I agree that yenc has many good points for
certain things like the book groups but in here - NO!!

"russell" wrote in message
Clem, upgrade to what? Why should I upgrade (or install unwanted
programmes) when all you need to do is resize your pictures before you
post them. The best pictures on this NG come from Glenn (IMO) and we don't
have to install any upgraded software to view his images, so what is so
special about yours? If you can't take his lead, maybe you are the loser
and we have missed nothing....

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

Old July 8th 07, 09:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dustoff

"The Good Poster" wrote in message
"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...

Every group I use that allows binary posting doesn't seem to have a
problem with yenc. Actually they could care less and personally I have
not had any trouble viewing others yenc postings.

Please name one non-porn photo group where yEnc is the norm.

Joe
TGP

I just kill file them otherwise they drag out a war on the yEnc and then
nothing gets posted because they fill the the space with argueing about
it....I won't debate it nor will I try to force them to change. Its their
stuff to post so let them. Its too easy to killfile them and ever newsgroup
I go to if I see yEnc BURRPPPP killfiled. End of story.....
Even thou I usully just lurk here I do want to Thank All the posters For
some really GREAT aircraft Photos THANKS...

Old July 8th 07, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the decision many
times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

Old July 8th 07, 11:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Dave wrote in
. net:

Clairbear wrote:
"Ray O'Hara" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
[...]

I am not talking about voting on anything. It is just that downloading
and using a program like xnews simply make using NGs easier and more
simplified than using something as cumbersome as OE.
It is easier to set up and use than OE so give it a try you might be
pleasantly supprised

I am not shilling for xnews it is free and there may be others that fit
the bill.
Old July 8th 07, 11:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the decision
many times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good newsreader
OE is not a good newreader BTW