I just have to get it off my chest.

Old July 8th 07, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

Default I just have to get it off my chest.

"Clairbear" wrote

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good newsreader
OE is not a good newreader BTW

WHO are YOU to say what is a good newsreader, or not?

If he likes it, I like it, and thousands of others like it, it must be plenty
good, for our needs.

Who is to say Yenc is an improvement, for that matter? Not me, or many others.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 9th 07, 12:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"russell" wrote in message
Clem, upgrade to what? Why should I upgrade (or install unwanted
programmes) when all you need to do is resize your pictures before
you post them. The best pictures on this NG come from Glenn (IMO) and
we don't have to install any upgraded software to view his images, so
what is so special about yours? If you can't take his lead, maybe you
are the loser and we have missed nothing....

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the decision
many times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good newsreader
OE is not a good newreader BTW

"Good" is a matter of opinion. OE sends and receives email, it has a broad
group of filters, it doesn't force me to open anything I don't want to read,
it reads from and posts to newsgroups, it combines and decodes.....just what
would make it "good"? YENC??? From my experience, anyone who says OE is
trash simply doesn't know how to use it.

gdp

Old July 9th 07, 01:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good newsreader
OE is not a good newreader BTW

WHO are YOU to say what is a good newsreader, or not?

If he likes it, I like it, and thousands of others like it, it must
be plenty
good, for our needs.

Who is to say Yenc is an improvement, for that matter? Not me, or
many others.

Tell would you want to power your car with a 1 cylinder 2 stroke engine or
would you rather have a good auto engine of 4 cylinders or more.
But then since I have never seen post of any pics here I guess your
rudeness would be less pardonable than from someone who has share photos
here

As to this whole yenc or not argument her I don't use it to post but my
newsreader can decode itand it can rejoin multipart post OE can't do that
ergo OE is an inferior news reader. fit for newbies and those who are
stuck in the last century.
Old July 9th 07, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
[...]

OE is fine for email but as a newsreader it is stuck in the darkages
There several fine newreader that would make posting and reading far
simpler If you want to stay in the dark ages that is fine but don't
attack those who post in an easily readable format. If you use a more up
to date reader you can see what is posted by those who choose to use
yenc. As for me when I post I don'y use yenc but I have no problem with
those who do.
"It is better to light one single candle than to curse the darkness"
Old July 9th 07, 02:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Clairbear" wrote

my
newsreader can decode itand it can rejoin multipart post OE can't do that
ergo OE is an inferior news reader. fit for newbies and those who are
stuck in the last century.

My car can't fart like a horse, but that does not mean that my car is inferior
to a horse.

All that is new does not glitter like gold.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 9th 07, 02:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
[...]

I had no intent of attacking anyone, if I did, I apologize. Please tell me
the virtues of other newsreaders that make them easier to use than OE.

Old July 9th 07, 02:07 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote

my
newsreader can decode itand it can rejoin multipart post OE can't do
that ergo OE is an inferior news reader. fit for newbies and those
who are stuck in the last century.

My car can't fart like a horse, but that does not mean that my car is
inferior to a horse.

All that is new does not glitter like gold.

your point is moot!
Old July 9th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in
particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the
decision many times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good
newsreader OE is not a good newreader BTW

"Good" is a matter of opinion. OE sends and receives email, it has
a broad group of filters, it doesn't force me to open anything I
don't want to read, it reads from and posts to newsgroups, it
combines and decodes.....just what would make it "good"? YENC???
From my experience, anyone who says OE is trash simply doesn't know
how to use it.

gdp

OE is fine for email but as a newsreader it is stuck in the darkages
There several fine newreader that would make posting and reading far
simpler If you want to stay in the dark ages that is fine but don't
attack those who post in an easily readable format. If you use a more
up to date reader you can see what is posted by those who choose to
use yenc. As for me when I post I don'y use yenc but I have no
problem with those who do.
"It is better to light one single candle than to curse the darkness"

I had no intent of attacking anyone, if I did, I apologize. Please
tell me the virtues of other newsreaders that make them easier to use
than OE.

Xnews can read all headers at once OE can't
It can decode and rejoin multiaprt posts without other steps
It can download an entire stream of posts where as You have to manually
read each and every one with OE
I could go on and on but Xnews and other similar to are just more
efficient and easier that OE
What would it harm for you to try one or more to see if they work
better

Of course if you are not willing to try you'll never know.
Old July 9th 07, 02:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in
particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the
decision many times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good
newsreader OE is not a good newreader BTW

"Good" is a matter of opinion. OE sends and receives email, it has
a broad group of filters, it doesn't force me to open anything I
don't want to read, it reads from and posts to newsgroups, it
combines and decodes.....just what would make it "good"? YENC???
From my experience, anyone who says OE is trash simply doesn't know
[...]

Um...thanks for the prompt reply but you haven't told me anything that OE
can't do. It can do all the things you say it can't. Perhaps you are one of
those who don't know how to use it.

And, I'll bet you a years wages that you don't know what other newsreaders I
have tried.

gdp

Old July 9th 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clairbear" wrote in message
"Don Pyeatt" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
This is just an open thought not directed at anyone in
particular.

Regarding YENC:

There does come a point when to stay current, you MUST
upgrade.

This group has decided to be YENC-free and has reaffirmed the
decision many times. If it goes YENC, I'm leaving.

gdp

don't get you panties in a twist there Don
It really should not matter yenc or not if you have a good
newsreader OE is not a good newreader BTW

"Good" is a matter of opinion. OE sends and receives email, it
has a broad group of filters, it doesn't force me to open anything
I don't want to read, it reads from and posts to newsgroups, it
combines and decodes.....just what would make it "good"? YENC???
From my experience, anyone who says OE is trash simply doesn't
[...]

I have used several newsreaders in the past in crulding OE and like so
many of Bill gates' product I found OE to be lacking all of the features
I just mentioned If you want to believe in Bill and microsloth that's
all fine and goo but I used OE when I was a newbie and found it wanting
and found xnews is soooo much better.
As for newsreader you may have tried I would bet the were some
primitive attempts building the better mousetrap