Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Old July 30th 07, 03:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 16:33:20 -0400, "Glen in Orlando"
wrote:

yEnc might indeed be a better way to compress and post picture files.... so
what? Isn't the point of posting your photo's
to share it with a wide audience?

Nope. It is just to share it with those who want to see them enough
to download them and use appropriate software to decode them. I would
expect to do as much if I really wanted somethinbg. I don't expect
others to spoon feed me.

yEnc is, for the most part, more difficult to use.

I'm sorry, but that's just not true. Agent, for one, is easier to use
than OE (based on my own personal experience), and it handles yEnc
without you even knowing it is handling it. Try it...you'll see.

The masses tend to use
only a few popular programs for news groups (yes.. the most popular is OE).

Agent is very popular too, though it can't compete with Microsoft's
pre-installed stuff

It sure seems silly, and a grand waste of time, to insist on posting in a
format that the VAST majority of your audience cannot access.

That's also a crap statement you can't possibly support unless you've
queried every member of this group (whuch isn't really a group in the
sociological sense and doesn't really have members). Interestingly,
Jeremy Nixon, who wrote a famous analysis called "Why yEnc is bad for
Usenet", also wrote that "yEnc has taken over as the main encoding
scheme used in binary Usenet groups" and he wrote that in 2002--five
years ago. I don't know if he's right about yEnc's prevalence, but it
certainly is a differenmt view than yours.

It realy doesn't waste my time.... but it sure seems like a waste of
yours...

It's funny too, that most people who act like such big shots on an anonymous
forum would probably crap themselves trying to mount the courage to speak
this way to each other in person.

I couldn't agree more. People seem quick to tell me what to do. But
again, that's another way in which this is not a real group--the
interaction takes place behind various facades.

Like I said, yEnc, Jpeg, fingerpaint.... whatever makes you happy.... It
just seems so...... dumb.

Glen in Orlando

Old July 30th 07, 03:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

Default Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1) - help is on the way.JPG (1/4)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:39:13 GMT, urbanwriter
wrote:

thanks to people for posting pictures they have invested time, energy,
effort in - even if I can't see them, and I usually can by learning
something new...

Now that is a sentiment I appreciate. Thank you! I've spent lots of
hours taking and then editing even the few pictures I've put up so
far. I don't know f the trend will continue, but those who've
commented on them make me feels those hours were well spent. I will
work at least as hard on the images to come (which will also include
today's B1B flybys).

Noting to put up today though. I spent 3 hours after the airshow,
watching them fuel the U2, only to hear them ask for a light from the
airport to shine on the plane through the night. No time left for
editing, 'cause I'll have to get up early for that bird's departure
(along with pairs of F15s, F22s, T38s, an A10 and a C17). I guess I
gotta get a laptop with a good enough display to do photo editing
while I wait for plane action (and there ain't no such display, I'm
told--daylight will make editing impossible).
Old July 30th 07, 03:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Just Plane Noise wrote:

People seem quick to tell me what to do.

But you have no qualms about telling all of us what
we are supposed to do.
Old July 30th 07, 03:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

Default Friday 072707 in Oshkosh Pt 1 - the Raptor [01/30] - "F22 lifting off 18 after very short takeoff roll.jpg" yEnc (0/1)

Maple1 wrote in :

Questions or comments about this
guide should be submitted to the newsgroup
Alt.Binaries.Pictures.Aviation

Only problem with these Guidelines is they are in reality unenforcable and
other than individuals killfiling in other words blocking their own access
to the posts ofthe person they want to sanction there are no real action
that can apply vis-a-vis the "violators" of the said guidlines. Niether you
nor I......or for that matter anyone can block posting or downloading in an
open forum like this. So we just have to learn to get along

"Breath in, Breath out, Move on"-- Jimmy Buffett

BTW I don't use yEnc but I can download it also I find you photography
very good. keep it up
Old July 30th 07, 04:06 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Just Plane Noise[_2_]

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 21:09:20 GMT, shiver
wrote:

I've always said that I can't miss what I can't see and I assume that
if a poster is using Yenc they (stupidly) really don't care that some
like me will never be able see and appreciate their efforts.

I PARTICULARLY don't care that someone like you won't see them. It
isn't stupid--I don't like to have people like you looking at my
efforts.

That is their loss not mine.

It is the height of arrogance to imply that I have lost something
because you can't see my pictures. I'll call up Bill Maher to give
you a Get Over Yourself award.

I can't miss what I can't see.

Well, well, well. If you don't miss it, how is it you are so worked
up about not seeing it! I suppose I should be thrilled that so many
people are allegedly bothered by the fact that they can't see my
pictures!

I think my pics are what some others have said. They are at least
good. But as I have said at least twice before, you'll survive with
no harm done whatever if you never see my pictures. There are LOADS
of fine pictures of the planes I've photgraphed, made by other
photographers and available free in all kinds of places. Is it that
important that you see mine? (In my best Southern Belle vocal
imitation), why sir, you flatter me!

One last time (I hope): I really really REALLY don't care if only some
choose to view my pictures (and it is a choice). I made them for
me--this group posting was an afterthought when I realized they were
worth taking up group space so that whoever wanted them could have
them. It was a gift in a place where I've found some nice stuff (as a
commercial aviation nut, The Legend of LAX's stuff just makes me
drool--he could post in Ancient Aramaic Encoding, and I'd find a way
to decode it). But people look gift horses in the mouth all the time,
so the reaction of some is not unexpected. Look, you don't want the
gift? Don't take it! There are lots of other fine pictures in this
newsgroup--you don't need mine.

Old July 30th 07, 05:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Such as upgrading our systems to MATCH your images Plane Noise???

Andrew

Old July 30th 07, 07:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Shiver

Just Plane Noise wrote:

I don't like to have people like you looking at my efforts.

You talk too much.
Old July 30th 07, 08:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
redc1c4

shiver wrote:

Just Plane Noise wrote:

I don't like to have people like you looking at my efforts.

You talk too much.

and says too little doing it....

redc1c4,
in his last life, he was 6 flags over nowhere. %-)
--
"Enlisted men are stupid, but extremely cunning and sly, and bear
considerable watching."

Army Officer's Guide
Old July 30th 07, 09:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
russell[_2_]

"Just Plane Noise" wrote

(and there ain't no such display, I'm
told--daylight will make editing impossible).

That problem was sorted over one hundred years ago.
Put a big black photographers sheet over your head.

Attached Images
File Type: gif phtg.gif (4.3 KB, 67 views)