"N444WD-0001.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

Old June 30th 08, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Woody

Default Why the yEnc?

I won't see his pictures. All yenc posters go directly to the kill file....

"Morgans" wrote in message
Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered standard
in a group.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.
--
Jim in NC

Old June 30th 08, 12:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
. 15.205...
"Morgans" wrote
What are the percentages on how many people use OE as their
newsreader, versus all the rest combined? OE 80% vs. the rest?

Jim, why would ANY computer savy person even think about using OE
as a news reader? Give Xnews a try...you'll never go back to OE.

Why not? I LIKE it. It does EVERYTHING I want done, and easily. I've
been using it for more than ten years.

I don't feel like learning a new program, besides. Sometime that I find the
motivation to learn something new, I might try it.

I guarantee the motivation will not be "so I can see yEnc pictures on
newsgroups."
--
Jim in NC

Old June 30th 08, 04:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Clark" wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote in
:

[snip]

I guarantee the motivation will not be "so I can see yEnc pictures on
newsgroups."

Complain about yEnc at your own peril then...

Yea, I've got it out of my system.

I guess I had to get my $.02 in.

"Now, back to your regularly scheduled programing." g
--
Jim in NC

Old June 30th 08, 07:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JPaulV

"Woody" a écrit dans le message de news:

I won't see his pictures. All yenc posters go directly to the kill
file....

+1

--
Cordi@lement JPaulV

Old June 30th 08, 04:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clem

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Clem" wrote in message
. 97.136...
Gene Park wrote in
:

The only ones who like yEnc are the ones who insist on posting that
scheisse. Aggressive ignorance. Who needs to clutter up their computer
with crappy programmes just to view that crap?

If I understand you, a program that does less for a user is a good
program and a program that provides more alternatives is a bad program.

Why didn't I think of that? So easy a caveman can do it!

What are the percentages on how many people use OE as their newsreader,
versus all the rest combined? OE 80% vs. the rest?

Probably close to that.

People insisting on using yEnc is about like the gas stations stocking
only diesel fuel, when only a small percentage of cars on the road can
use it.

After all, diesel is better; far better fuel economy, right? So
everyone out there, get a different vehicle, or carry your own refinery
around behind your car, so you can make something out of the diesel that
your car can burn. That makes as much sense as insisting on posting
using something that only some people can look at, without going to
extra effort to do so.

That is the same argument you are making. yEnc may be much, much
better, but it can not be used (or burned) in most people's computers
(cars) unless they get a new newsreader (car) or some add on program
(refinery) so they can read it.

I'm not going to change newsreaders, or add a program, just because you
want to carry only diesel. I have never found an add on for OE that
does not make it buggy as heck. If anyone can suggest an add on that
does not cause problems for them, I might consider trying it.
Otherwise, I'll do without those pictures, thank you.

Jim,

I don't quite understand your analogy because the newsreaders that decode
yEnc also decode the other formats as well such as Xnews, so in the true
sense a gas station IS serving more than diesel.

The only things about yEnc that makes it a good program are what I pointed
out earlier, The file size is reduced thereby reducing the download/upload
times. Not all people use highspeed Internet and that makes using yEnc a
wise choice for them.

I'm not telling anyone what to use to decode a file. I do believe that any
program that makes life easier is worth looking into.

As far as OE having problems with add on programs, the problem most of the
time is with OE itself. As a stand alone product it's great, but add 3rd
party programs to it and it can develope problems.

What get's me fired up are those people with a holy attitude that condem
people for using the program of their choice.

I have noticed an increase in the use of RAR files lately in other groups.
Just because I don't have an application to decode them doesn't mean I
should demand only those programs be posted which I can decode or for
whatever reason are easier for me to use.

It's a free world and your entitled to decode what you please, but I have
to say there have been some excellent shots in yEnc you are missing.
Old June 30th 08, 05:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Martin Helms

"Morgans" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

I'm not going to change newsreaders, or add a program, just because you
want to carry only diesel. I have never found an add on for OE that does
not make it buggy as heck. If anyone can suggest an add on that does not
cause problems for them, I might consider trying it. Otherwise, I'll do
without those pictures, thank you.

Personally, I found OeyEnc (http://www.mutexed.com/code/OeyEnc/) to work
perfectly fine on my machine.
Sometimes, it does not manage to decode all yEnc posts (maybe 10% of the
yEnc posters -not posts, seems to be connected to the person- in here), but
I have yet to experience any negative side-effects.
OE continues to work just as before, only that you can see yEnc pictures.

Regards,

Martin

Old June 30th 08, 05:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
G Paleologopoulos

"Clem" wrote
. 97.136...

.................................................. ..............................

It's a free world and your entitled to decode what you please, but I have
to say there have been some excellent shots in yEnc you are missing.

May I rephrase that a bit:
Photographers, shame about the excellent shots you appear to be posting but
which 98% of your intended viewers will not ever see. Plonk.

Old June 30th 08, 08:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Guybrush Threepwood[_2_]

"Eric" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...
Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

"Morgans" wrote in message
Ron wrote:

a post with a bunch of yEnc

Ron, why all of the yEnc?

Have you not noticed that nobody ever uses that format, in this group?

It sure would be more to polite of you, to use what is considered standard
in a group.

Plus, most will not take the time to pull up your pictures.
--
Jim in NC

--
Gruß Guybrush
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	NOT_this_****_again.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	26698
Old July 1st 08, 01:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Martin Helms" wrote

Personally, I found OeyEnc (http://www.mutexed.com/code/OeyEnc/) to work
perfectly fine on my machine.
Sometimes, it does not manage to decode all yEnc posts (maybe 10% of the
yEnc posters -not posts, seems to be connected to the person- in here),
but I have yet to experience any negative side-effects.
OE continues to work just as before, only that you can see yEnc pictures.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give that a try.
--
Jim in NC

Old July 1st 08, 05:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric

I have been using this decoder for a couple years without ANY problems.
Easy to install, easy to use, and its FREEWARE!! What more could you want
except maybe some Pierre Robert and Muscat...cheese and wine for the
uninitiated.

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Eric" wrote

Oh no, here goes another 3 months of whiny narrow minded ****
ants...bemoaning the evils of yenc.

Come up with a solution that does not involve switching newsreaders, or
screwing up the one I use.

Until you can do that, I'll take a little cheese and crackers with my
wine,
please! g
--
Jim in NC