Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar (01/35)

Old August 13th 08, 10:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
jc[_4_]

Default Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar (01/35)

J3, ignore the idiots that are too stupid to not to download things they don't
understand or that they're too lazy to even try to figure out. There's no way
you can please everyone but the comments I've seen border on the ludicrous. No
one is forced to download anything here they don't want. Nor has the group ever
suffered from a lack of bandwidth.

From those of us who enjoyed the pictures, thank you.

As to those who whined and bitched and resorted to name calling like 5 year
olds... go find yourself a life - somewhere else. Someone tries to do you a
favor and all you do is find fault. If it bothers you that much, put the poster
in your kill file but keep your filty mouth shut about it. Every time you open
your mouth like that, you're just telling the world how much of a fool you are.
The thing is, no one else cares what you do or even what you think.
Cheers,
jc
Old August 13th 08, 12:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"jc" wrote in message

J3, ignore the idiots that are too stupid to not to download things they
don't
understand or that they're too lazy to even try to figure out. There's no
way
you can please everyone but the comments I've seen border on the
ludicrous. No
one is forced to download anything here they don't want. Nor has the
group ever
suffered from a lack of bandwidth.

From those of us who enjoyed the pictures, thank you.

As to those who whined and bitched and resorted to name calling like 5
year
olds... go find yourself a life - somewhere else. Someone tries to do you
favor and all you do is find fault. If it bothers you that much, put the
poster
in your kill file but keep your filty mouth shut about it. Every time you
open
your mouth like that, you're just telling the world how much of a fool you
are.
The thing is, no one else cares what you do or even what you think.
Cheers,
jc

Wow; big words (I'll bet you even spell-checked it, with the exception of
"filty" in the last paragraph; I think you meant "filthy")! People haven't
been complaining about the format so much as it is not a standard one - this
is a "binaries" group - that does not include .rar and .par files. When J3
announced his intention to flood the group, he didn't indicate that he was
going to use a non-standard format. Most people have never heard about .rar
and .par formats. If J3 had announced he was going to post in "x" format,
people could have prepared; instead, they missed many parts trying to work
out what was being posted.

People have been complaining that it has been going on for several days,
taking up room on individual servers; it's not the 'group' that stores the
data, as you would be aware. People have also been complaining about the
number of parts, which never show up on servers in any sequence.

If J3 had posted, say, four parts per day, or even 40, people wouldn't be
concerned about it as long as they were in sequence for that day. J3
however, chose to post several hundred parts; each out of sequence (not his
fault, I'm sure) and caused servers to be overloaded for more than five
days.

In addition, it is quite easy to post multiple images at one time; NG floods
in .jpg/.jpeg/.bmp format have been going on for years, long before .rar and
..par formats started to be used.

Old August 13th 08, 07:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
jc[_4_]

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:38:20 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like without all
the whining and complaining? And I don't think you could really call rar's 'non
standard.' They've been around for a while and while I haven't seen them here
much, I guess using google or yahoo to find out about them is just too much to
ask, right?

And no, I didn't and don't use a speel checker.
Cheers,
jc
Old August 13th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby
about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like
without all
the whining and complaining?

Yes, it is too much to ask. As I suggested, servers have limited capacity;
putting up as much data as J3 did at one time might exclude other's posts.

Old August 13th 08, 08:13 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 18:29:38 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby
about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like
without all
the whining and complaining?

Yes, it is too much to ask. As I suggested, servers have limited capacity;
putting up as much data as J3 did at one time might exclude other's posts.

No servers I know of have limited capacity.

At the end of a tiny deserted bar is a huge scouse bloke - 6ft 5in tall and 350lbs. He's having a few beers, when a short, well dressed and obviously gay man walks in and sits beside him.
After 3 or 4 beers, the gay fella finally plucks up the courage to say something to the big Liverpudlian.
Leaning over, he cups his huge ear. "Do you want a blow job?" he whispers.
At this, the massive Merseysider leaps up with fire in his eyes and smacks the man in the face, knocking him off the stool, he proceeds to beat him all the way out of the bar.
Finally he leaves him, badly bruised, in the car park and returns to his seat as if nothing had happened.
Amazed the bartender quickly brings over another beer. "I've never seen you react like that" he says. "Just what did he say to you?"
"I'm not sure" the big scouser replies." Something about a job."
Old August 13th 08, 09:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
J3

I intent on ignoring them. In fact there are large floods coming.

The will include Project Mercury, Project Gemini, Project Apollo &
Spacelab.. Also, on various launch vehicles such as Atlas, Delta,
Saturn, Titan just to name a few.

These will be the highest resolution image I have been able to find.
Regrettably, there will be some duplicates between Saturn and Project
Apollo, Titan & Project Gemini, etc. because the image actually
belongs in both categories.

I do not intent on resizing them to accommodate anyone. I want my
images large and that is how I keep them I may try posting them as
jpgs but because of their size, I am afraid too many will be corrupted
upon receipt. I hear their complains about RAR and PAR files and
choose to ignore them. The fact is, the receiver can rebuilt any
corrupted file on their end.

Nor do I intent on arguing with anyone about it. The vocal few may
not like it, but others do. So they can either upgrade their system
and/or get a real newsreader program or simply make a kill filter on
me. After all that is what kill filters are for, to block unwanted
communication. There are plenty of newsgroups where they can download
working, virus free copies. But the will probably be in RAR format.

On 13 Aug 2008 04:09:03 -0500, jc
wrote:

J3, ignore the idiots that are too stupid to not to download things they don't
understand or that they're too lazy to even try to figure out. There's no way
you can please everyone but the comments I've seen border on the ludicrous. No
one is forced to download anything here they don't want. Nor has the group ever
suffered from a lack of bandwidth.

From those of us who enjoyed the pictures, thank you.

Old August 14th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"J3" wrote in message

I do not intent on resizing them to accommodate anyone. I want my
images large and that is how I keep them

They are not your images. Your post has disrupted this group for five days.

Old August 14th 08, 01:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
No servers I know of have limited capacity.

Really? And how many servers are you aware of (location, type,
manufacturer, capacity etc)?

Old August 14th 08, 08:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Hans Holbein

Alan Erskine schrieb:
"jc" wrote in message

J3, ignore the idiots that are too stupid to not to download things they
don't
understand or that they're too lazy to even try to figure out. There's no
way
you can please everyone but the comments I've seen border on the
ludicrous. No
one is forced to download anything here they don't want. Nor has the
group ever
suffered from a lack of bandwidth.

From those of us who enjoyed the pictures, thank you.

[...]

Recklessness or stupidity?

In addition, it is quite easy to post multiple images at one time; NG floods
in .jpg/.jpeg/.bmp format have been going on for years, long before .rar and
.par formats started to be used.

What about changing the Charta?
Is it possible to set a group-filter for all non jpg and Mutlipart so
they dont sign up for anyone?
Old August 14th 08, 09:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Hans Holbein" wrote in message
Alan Erskine schrieb:

If J3 had posted, say, four parts per day, or even 40, people wouldn't be
concerned about it as long as they were in sequence for that day. J3
however, chose to post several hundred parts; each out of sequence (not
his
fault, I'm sure) and caused servers to be overloaded for more than five
days.

Recklessness or stupidity?

In addition, it is quite easy to post multiple images at one time; NG
floods
in .jpg/.jpeg/.bmp format have been going on for years, long before .rar
and
.par formats started to be used.

What about changing the Charta?
Is it possible to set a group-filter for all non jpg and Mutlipart so
they dont sign up for anyone?

I don't think a ng charter can be changed. I don't even know where to find
it. However, I don't think excluding .rar etc is necessary, just the
elimination of floods and etsunamis like the one J3 created (either, as you
pointed out, reclessly or through stupidity).