Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar (01/35)

Old August 16th 08, 03:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:29:38 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"jc" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 11:38:20 GMT, "Alan Erskine"

wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby
about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like
without all
the whining and complaining?

Yes, it is too much to ask.

So you don't have delusions of control and don't want to control what others
post, eh?

As I suggested, servers have limited capacity;

Get a good newsfeed. Newsguy keeps binaries for 100 days.

putting up as much data as J3 did at one time might exclude other's posts.

Crippled newsreader, crippled newsfeed, delusions of power. Sucks to be you.

Old August 16th 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:14:16 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
No servers I know of have limited capacity.

Really? And how many servers are you aware of (location, type,
manufacturer, capacity etc)?

Newsguy and Giganews each keep binaries for at least 100 days. Hmm.. I just
looked. http://www.giganews.com/ says that Giganews keeps binaries for
_200_ days. Newsguy http://newsguy.com/ guarantees 90 days, but in my
experiences it's always over 100.

Old August 16th 08, 03:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 10:22:43 -0400, Gary R. Schmidt wrote
(in article ):

Peter Hucker wrote:

wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby
about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like
without all
the whining and complaining?
Yes, it is too much to ask. As I suggested, servers have limited
capacity;
putting up as much data as J3 did at one time might exclude other's posts.

No servers I know of have limited capacity.

For Binaries???

Yes, for binaries. Newsguy and Giganews, to name two newsfeeds I know of,
keep binaries for 100 days or more.

Often those who carry them limit the space and/or
retention time of them, some as low as 24 hours, but most are around 5
or 10 days.

Some of the commercial Usenet operations, e.g. OctaNews, carry them for
a lot longer, 3 months or so.

Yep.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Old August 16th 08, 03:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:14:20 -0400, Peter Hucker wrote
(in article ):

wrote:

Alan, no matter how he posted it someone would have whined like a baby
about
something. Is it so hard to simply ignore the stuff you don't like
without all
the whining and complaining?
Yes, it is too much to ask. As I suggested, servers have limited
capacity;
putting up as much data as J3 did at one time might exclude other's
posts.

No servers I know of have limited capacity.

For Binaries??? Often those who carry them limit the space and/or
retention time of them, some as low as 24 hours, but most are around 5
or 10 days.

Some of the commercial Usenet operations, e.g. OctaNews, carry them for
a lot longer, 3 months or so.

Yes, it's usually a time limit, spread across ALL binary groups. J3's
posts is nothing compared with all the trafffic in every binary group
on the server.

Exactly. The moaners are making a mountain out of a pimple.

Ignore 'em, J3. Keep on going.

Just to **** 'em off further, I may post a few of the pix as well... using
YENC, of course.

Old August 16th 08, 03:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 16:42:58 -0400, J3 wrote
(in article ):

I intent on ignoring them. In fact there are large floods coming.

The will include Project Mercury, Project Gemini, Project Apollo &
Spacelab.. Also, on various launch vehicles such as Atlas, Delta,
Saturn, Titan just to name a few.

Thank you. Do you mind if I repost a few, selected, pix from your floods?

These will be the highest resolution image I have been able to find.
Regrettably, there will be some duplicates between Saturn and Project
Apollo, Titan & Project Gemini, etc. because the image actually
belongs in both categories.

I do not intent on resizing them to accommodate anyone. I want my
images large and that is how I keep them I may try posting them as
jpgs but because of their size, I am afraid too many will be corrupted
upon receipt. I hear their complains about RAR and PAR files and
choose to ignore them. The fact is, the receiver can rebuilt any
corrupted file on their end.

Quite. You provided more than enough .pars to rebuild the entire post. I got
all of the first post without a problem.

But then I have a real newsreader and use a real newsfeed.

Ignore the silly gits.

Nor do I intent on arguing with anyone about it. The vocal few may
not like it, but others do. So they can either upgrade their system
and/or get a real newsreader program or simply make a kill filter on
me. After all that is what kill filters are for, to block unwanted
communication. There are plenty of newsgroups where they can download
working, virus free copies. But the will probably be in RAR format.

They have delusions of control. They're gonna whinge and whinge and stamp
their little feet and hold their breath 'til they turn blue... and it will
not affect those who have real newsreaders one iota. If the volume of
whinging gets too high, well, that's what killfilters are for. It would be
simplicity in itself to set a filter which kills all posts in this newsgroup
which were posted by MSOE (or MS Mail) and which do not contain binaries. The
main reason I haven't already set such a filter is that watching them scream
to absolutely no effect is so amusing.

They have it within their power to fix their problems:

1 set a killfilter.

or 2 get a better newsreader.

or 3 both.

If they refuse to do one of the above I have no sympathy whatsoever for them.
Especially when they simply make stuff up to try to support their position.

On 13 Aug 2008 04:09:03 -0500, jc
wrote:

J3, ignore the idiots that are too stupid to not to download things they
don't
understand or that they're too lazy to even try to figure out. There's no
way
you can please everyone but the comments I've seen border on the ludicrous.
No
one is forced to download anything here they don't want. Nor has the group
ever
suffered from a lack of bandwidth.

From those of us who enjoyed the pictures, thank you.

As to those who whined and bitched and resorted to name calling like 5 year
olds... go find yourself a life - somewhere else. Someone tries to do you a
favor and all you do is find fault. If it bothers you that much, put the
poster
in your kill file but keep your filty mouth shut about it. Every time you
open
your mouth like that, you're just telling the world how much of a fool you
are.
The thing is, no one else cares what you do or even what you think.
Cheers,
jc

Old August 16th 08, 03:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 20:13:24 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"J3" wrote in message

I do not intent on resizing them to accommodate anyone. I want my
images large and that is how I keep them

They are not your images.

They're public domain, paid for by taxpayer money.

Your post has disrupted this group for five days.

He's posted excellent pix. Pity you can't see them, but that's _your_ choice
and _your_ problem. Get a better newsreader or set a killfilter. Your choice.

Old August 16th 08, 03:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:15:21 -0400, Peter Hucker wrote
(in article ):

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 00:13:24 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"J3" wrote in message

I do not intent on resizing them to accommodate anyone. I want my
images large and that is how I keep them

They are not your images. Your post has disrupted this group for five days.

Not for me it hasn't.

Yep.

Old August 16th 08, 03:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 22:25:55 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

Lee" wrote in message
.82...

And for those fearing that other posts will be knocked off, get a premium
service that has retention. I have NewsGuy. It may not be the big dog,
but in many newsgroups, I can go back about 6 months.

Why should we wait for six months to download an image that was posted
yesterday?

You seem to have a reading comprehension problem. Newsguy will _retain
binaries_ for _at least 90 days, often as long as 180 days_. That means that
_anything posted_, by _anyone_, to _any binary group that Newsguy carries_,
including _this one_, will be available for a minimum of _90 days_. Anyone
who says that J3's stuff 'knocks off' other posts is either vastly ignorant
or merely lying. Newsguy, and other newsfeeds such as Giganews, routinely
keep binaries for _months_.

To make it clear enough even for those who have room temperature IQs: _every
single binary posted on this newsgroup for the last 90 to 180 days is
available on Newsguy right now_. Giganews will store at least 200 days worth
of binaries. You do NOT have to wait six months, you can get them today...
but if you missed one, you have up to six months to go and search for it!

Of course, that is a rather large number of posts to search through. You
might need a, ahem, _real newsreader_ with _real filtering_ and _automation_
to go through all those posts and find the one you want, unless you want to
sped an inordinate amount of time doing it by hand. Hmm. You're using MSOE.
Oops. Sucks to be you. Guess you do it by hand... assuming that MSOE can even
handle that number of posts, which is something I don't know and simply don't
care about.

Old August 16th 08, 03:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:14:20 -0400, Peter Hucker wrote
(in article ):

Exactly. The moaners are making a mountain out of a pimple.

Ignore 'em, J3. Keep on going.

Just to **** 'em off further, I may post a few of the pix as well... using
YENC, of course.

I have enjoyed this group for the past five years. I am sad to report that
due to the negativity and lack of civility I will be no longer
participating.

It is obvious that very few of you care whether I am here or not; however,
if others like me keep leaving all that will be left are people with
vocabulary are limited to four letter words and masculinity measured by
their ability to demean users who lack the latest "geek" skills.

Old August 16th 08, 04:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 10:29:30 -0400, Wayne Paul wrote
(in article ):

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:14:20 -0400, Peter Hucker wrote
(in article ):

Exactly. The moaners are making a mountain out of a pimple.

Ignore 'em, J3. Keep on going.

Just to **** 'em off further, I may post a few of the pix as well... using
YENC, of course.

I have enjoyed this group for the past five years. I am sad to report that
due to the negativity and lack of civility I will be no longer
participating.

It is obvious that very few of you care whether I am here or not; however,
if others like me keep leaving all that will be left are people with
vocabulary are limited to four letter words and masculinity measured by
their ability to demean users who lack the latest "geek" skills.

So which 'four letter words' annoyed you? '****'? Ooh, golly gee whillickers.
Such an obscenity. Hide the children.

I have repeatedly stated, in so many words, that I _don't care_ which
newsreader anyone else uses. If you want to use something crippled, it's no
skin off of _my_ nose. Go for it, use whatever you like. However, I _do_ care
when those who use inadequate, crippled, newsreaders, bitch and moan when
someone posts something that their inadequate, crippled, newsreader can't
handle. Your bitching and moaning is an attempt to prevent me from using _my_
chosen newsreader to the best of its abilities, something which strikes me
presumptuous, and, given your lack of ability to actually enforce your
wishes, stupid. I, personally, have pointed out on repeated occasions, there
are a multitude of cheap/free newsreaders which are _not_ crippled. If
someone refuses to use one of them, well, that's just too damn (oops, there's
that potty-mouth again, ah, well, tough...) bad. Use the newsreader you
like... but don't complain if you can't see some posts. Your inability to see
certain posts is _your_ problem. Deal with it. Or don't. I don't give a damn.
(potty mouth strikes again!)

As for the 'latest in "geek" skills'... The version of Hogwasher I use dates
to 2006. Anyone who uses MS Mail from Vista has a newer newsreader than I do.
Of course, they have a newer _crippled_ newsreader while I have an older
_real_ newsreader, but hey, I made a choice a long time ago to move away from
MSOE precisely because it was crippled then... and it hasn't improved since.
The 'geek skills' I have mentioned are merely the ability to use a filter:
either to filter _in_ the files you want to see, or to filter _out_ the files
you _don't_ want to see. I have been assured that MSOE has this ability. You
could, if you wish, use it and filter out my posts, plus any .rar and YENC
posts. Or you can bitch and moan and whinge and achieve _nothing_ other than
making yourself a figure of fun. Your choice, m'man.

And if you would rather leave than make the minimal effort to get a real
newsreader, well, that speaks volumes about _you_. Go with God... just don't
let the doorknob hit you on the ass (oops! potty mouth again!) on your way
out.