Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar (01/35)

Old August 17th 08, 06:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Missing parts for NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics - NASA HiRes Shuttle Pics.part140.rar

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 11:59:07 +0200, JRW wrote:

hielan' laddie wrote:
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 12:56:48 -0400, Morgans wrote
(in article ):

"Wayne Paul" wrote

It is obvious that very few of you care whether I am here or not;

Not the case at all.

All they want is for you (and or others) to post within limitations that
allow non geek people to look at all of the pictures posted.

I believe that would be summarized by:

Not too many pictures per day. 40 has been suggested as a top number.

'Suggested' by you. Not out to control things, eh? Yeah. Right.

Post using formats that the newsreader used by the vast majority of reader
use. That would be jpegs, and OE, respectively.

So those who have real newsreaders must scale back to cater to those who
can't be arsed to get a real newsreader? Not bloody likely.

You have to remember that not everyone has the geek skills to do much more
than that, or the aptitude or desire to learn any higher geek skills.

Then bloody well killfilter the files you don't want to see. Don't tell
others that they can't post 'em.

Post in resolutions that require no more than (my arbitrary limit) of 250
KB. You have to remember that many people do not have broadband
connections, and are not able to, either by limitations of money or distance
from telephone switches for DSL or by the lack of cable systems in their
neighborhoods that offer cable modems.

Tough.

I hope you reconsider, and can continue within the limitations that many on
the group have expressed as deal killers for them.

Have another drink, your post show your soused.

Probably just fed up of twits like yourself.

Intercourse prevents divorce.
Old August 17th 08, 06:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 18:59:03 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
.. .

You are the one moaning complaining and trying to control others.

Oh, you mean like what J3's been doing; by posting in a format that very few
on this group want or have any knowledge about? If you mean "control
others" in that context, clearly, you are mistaken; as I have not forced
anyone to aquire software for a specific file type. J3, and the proponents
of .rar have, on the other hand, been the ones trying to control others.

J3 is not telling anyone to do anything. You do not have to download
his posts. However you lot seem to think you can change the way other
people post.

Wisconsin had recently installed new scoreboard-style highway signs that keep commuters up-to-date on current traffic conditions.
At the time the message read, "Change speed to 50mph a head."
I thought, "There are two heads in this car at the moment so . . . "
and then looked over at my wife who, without waiting for me to say anything, simply said, "No."
Old August 17th 08, 07:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Peter Hucker" wrote

Probably just fed up of twits like yourself

Thanks! g That says it all.

I do enjoy your lines of wisdom in your signature, too!
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 08, 07:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Lee" wrote

Quit while your ahead, for your own sake.

Don't you have 'e on your computer? It would come in handy for a post
like yours.
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 08, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

Default Alan - is this header any better?

Lee wrote in
.95:

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 02:35:15 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

Both you and "hielan' laddie" forge your headers; coincidence?

Not Forged, smot guy.

Is my current header more to your liking? Sucks not having
control of your software, isn't it windozer?

Quit while your ahead, for your own sake. This is beginning to
be fun... Pulling a single wing off a 99 percentile fly.
Old August 17th 08, 07:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:38:47 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Lee" wrote

Quit while your ahead, for your own sake.

Don't you have 'e on your computer? It would come in handy for a post
like yours.

E? I've only ever seen that in tablet form.

Whats the fastest thing in Wales?
A virgin sheep.
Old August 17th 08, 08:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Lee" wrote

Quit while your ahead, for your own sake.

Don't you have 'e on your computer? It would come in handy for a
post like yours.

Sorry, haven't a clue what that ( 'e ) is. If you are needing to
plonk (kill-file) me, I can't help you. I've *never* used MSOE.

Besides, I'll be going back to the lurk mode when everyone
(read Alan Einstein) quits bitching, telling lies and generally
confusing noobs about RARs, PARs, splits and arbitrary retention
times for various NNTP servers.

I won't even go into YEnc. That's already been shown to be a
fool's errand in this group. If everyone is happy chopping down
trees with a herring, I'll just continue quietly using my chain-saw.
Old August 17th 08, 08:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"Lee" wrote

Sorry, haven't a clue what that ( 'e ) is. If you are needing to
plonk (kill-file) me, I can't help you. I've *never* used MSOE.

Wooosh!

What was that? The sound of you missing it, completely. g

Here is a line you posted:

Quit while your ahead, for your own sake.

If you had the keys ' and e on your computer, it could have read:

Quit while you're ahead, for your own sake.

Man, it's no fun to explain a joke! ;-)

Sorry, I'll go back to my corner, now! g
--
Jim in NC

Old August 17th 08, 08:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

"Morgans" wrote in news:W%_pk.27399$1N1.6517
@newsfe07.iad:

Man, it's no fun to explain a joke! ;-)

Sorry, I'll go back to my corner, now! g

The apology is mine to make. I was having a
"99 percentile" moment.
Old August 17th 08, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:31:12 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Lee" wrote

Sorry, haven't a clue what that ( 'e ) is. If you are needing to
plonk (kill-file) me, I can't help you. I've *never* used MSOE.

Wooosh!

What was that? The sound of you missing it, completely. g

Here is a line you posted:

Quit while your ahead, for your own sake.

If you had the keys ' and e on your computer, it could have read:

Quit while you're ahead, for your own sake.

Man, it's no fun to explain a joke! ;-)

Sorry, I'll go back to my corner, now! g

He does have an e, it's just semi-functional. He used the key in the
words while, ahead, and sake.

Bad command or file name! Go stand in the corner.