Intent to Flood - NASA Project Gemini

Old August 22nd 08, 07:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Default Intent to Flood - NASA Project Gemini

Wouldent mind the flood if he were the photographer and not NASA Could
go to the Nasa site and get all the photos myself if I wanted and no
flood would be needed.

Just my 2C

Flood away

Old August 22nd 08, 08:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Sunny[_2_]

"Maple1" wrote in message
Wouldent mind the flood if he were the photographer and not NASA Could
go to the Nasa site and get all the photos myself if I wanted and no
flood would be needed.
Just my 2C
Flood away

Exactly, but that would not stroke his inflated ego :-)

Old August 22nd 08, 01:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"J3" wrote in message
news
This I am going to post a flood of images relating to the Gemini
Program It will contain 285 JPG compressed in to 12 RAR files and 10
PAR2

If you are going to flood because the shots are topical and current, unknown
to the group, and there is a demand for them, go right ahead.

If you were going to do it on my account, please don't bother.

If you are flooding to meet a need of your own, perhaps you might find a group
that would be less disrupted by your technique and volume.

In any case, keep the rate down to a volume that does not push the posts of
others off the servers before those who might be interested have a chance to
retrieve them.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old August 22nd 08, 06:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

I'd prefer all the jpegs in one day. Rars are a nuisance, but not
enough to stop me downloading them.

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:36:41 -0400, hielan' laddie
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 00:19:51 -0400, Joseph Testagrose wrote
(in article ):

Are you a ****ing jerk? Whats wrong with 10 to 20 jog's a day instead
of a flood. wake up jerk.

20 jpgs/day would mean 14 days worth of posting. Posting them as .rars and
.pars would mean 3-4 days. Works for me.

On 22 Aug 2008 01:49:12 GMT, Lee
wrote:

J3 wrote in news7vra4pljh9okkt86o3fudl4qb9pa7reim@
4ax.com:

This I am going to post a flood of images relating to the Gemini
Program It will contain 285 JPG compressed in to 12 RAR files and 10
PAR2

YES! YES! YES!!!!!

As they used to tell President Truman...

GIVE 'EM HELL, HARRY!!!!

F.T.I.T.C.T)ake A) J)oke

I limit my Political Correctness to voting.
Old August 22nd 08, 06:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 02:31:22 GMT, "Alan Erskine"
wrote:

"J3" wrote in message
news
This I am going to post a flood of images relating to the Gemini
Program It will contain 285 JPG compressed in to 12 RAR files and 10
PAR2

DON'T!!!! Why don't you listen to the vast majority of the group???

Even if only 10% of us want them, that's no reason to not post.

Is it true that DNA stands for the National Dyslexia Association?
Old August 22nd 08, 06:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:04:25 -0400, "Andrew Chaplin"
wrote:

"J3" wrote in message
news
This I am going to post a flood of images relating to the Gemini
Program It will contain 285 JPG compressed in to 12 RAR files and 10
PAR2

If you are going to flood because the shots are topical and current, unknown
to the group, and there is a demand for them, go right ahead.

If you were going to do it on my account, please don't bother.

If you are flooding to meet a need of your own, perhaps you might find a group
that would be less disrupted by your technique and volume.

In any case, keep the rate down to a volume that does not push the posts of
others off the servers before those who might be interested have a chance to
retrieve them.

Use a proper server.

, _.-~~-.__ __.,----.
('; __( ) ~~~'--..--~~ '.
( . \"..-' ')| . \ '.
\\. |\.' ; . ; ; ;
\ \'" /9) ' . ; ;
; ) ) ( ' . ; ' .
) _ __.-'-._ ; ' . , /\ ;
'-'"'--' ; "-. '. ' _.-( ". (
; \,) )--,..----';' ; .
\ ( | / ( / . ;
, , ) | ; .( . , ) / \ ;
,;'-PjP;.';.-.;._,;/;,/;.;.);.;,,;,;,,;/;;,),;.,/,;.).,;,

Old August 22nd 08, 10:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
Even if only 10% of us want them, that's no reason to not post.

Majority rules.

Old August 23rd 08, 12:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Alan Erskine" wrote in news:qgGrk.30500
:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
Even if only 10% of us want them, that's no reason to not post.

Majority rules.

Not on Usenet...

But then, I'm using up my Gigs yoinking the 'Dogfights' series over at
ABMA...

Bad Bob ^,,^
Old August 23rd 08, 05:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:33:10 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
Even if only 10% of us want them, that's no reason to not post.

Majority rules.

This ain't a democracy. In the case of who controls what _I_ post, it's One
Man, One Vote. I'm the one man who's got the one vote. Sucks to be you...