From the other side of the world

Old August 27th 08, 07:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Default From the other side of the world - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

Sj added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

This is an international NG. That is what makes it great. I
see no reason why anyone should openly disparage another
country with a blanket statement like "I went to the dark
side." That sort of bigotry has no place in what should be an
enlightened world.

I sort of took it to mean that he traveled to the other
side of the equator ... I have friends in Australia &
often refer to it as the Land of Oz or the Land Down
Under ... I say those words out of a liking & fondness
for the country & it's people ...

You're a loon no matter where you are, Sj. I suppose you still
say that Africa is the Dark Continent. I think it is pretty
obvious that referring to what Star Wars called "going to the
dark side" wrt the United States is both a bigoted and an
ignorant viewpoint.

As for some of the anti-USA feelings, perhaps we can
blame ourselves for some of that ...

Unlike the Marxist Mrs. Obama who just recently became proud of
her country - Monday night - I have always been proud of the
United States, even when some things have been questionable. And,
I strongly believe in the saying "America, love it or leave it",
which is what I suggest you do, as well as read and heed my sig.

The 4 attachments you posted in reply probably
didn't endear you to some of the regulars here ... &
now this attachment ... not something I wish to keep
or take seriously ... not terribly funny ... actually, kind
of rude ...

Again, you're a loon so I don't give any credence at all to your
POV, so here's a repeat.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Old August 27th 08, 08:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

Default From the other side of the world

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

--
Dave

not-me should be djw001 and there's no need for any wossname

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9617.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	28127
Old August 27th 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Henley

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
.. .
Sj added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

Again, you're a loon so I don't give any credence at all to your
POV, so here's a repeat.

--
HP, aka Jerry

As someone once stated:

"It's better to keep your mouth shut, and let people think you're an idiot,
than it is to speak and confirm their suspicions!"

This is a lot of ****ing and moaning about a single statement made by
someone who posts regularly on this NG.

Old August 27th 08, 10:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Dave Whiley added these comments in the current discussion du jour

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

You can't be serious! I hardly think that the reference was to
cloudy skies, it was clearly a transparent reference to our country
being portrayed as evil, but tolerable just long enough to snap
some pictures before going back to a place of enlightment on the
other side of the pond, and frankly, the more rebuttals I read the
more I feel this great country is being maligned by the very people
who benefit from their relationship with us economically,
politically, and militarily (for protection against a strategic
threat).

Old August 27th 08, 10:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Mike Henley added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

This is a lot of ****ing and moaning about a single statement
made by someone who posts regularly on this NG.

There didn't have to be, if the OP had simply apologized for making
a bigoted remark. I will not stand for disparagement of my country
and/or it's elected leaders, especially from twits who don't even
live here.

Old August 28th 08, 01:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Whiley

HEMI-Powered wrote:

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

You can't be serious!
I hardly think that the reference was to
cloudy skies, it was clearly a transparent reference to our country
being portrayed as evil, but tolerable just long enough to snap
some pictures before going back to a place of enlightenment on the
other side of the pond, and frankly, the more rebuttals I read the
more I feel this great country is being maligned by the very people
who benefit from their relationship with us economically,
politically, and militarily (for protection against a strategic
threat).

Having spent the last three months living with the same lighting
conditions as can be seen in most of Glenn's photographs from
Waddington, Duxford, Farnborough and Coventry, it just seemed more
likely that the comment referred to the part of the world where the
photographs were taken than to a different part of the world entirely.

I do agree that the comment owed more to baiting the Poms than strict
accuracy, as there's blue sky in two of the pictures.

Old August 28th 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

HEMI-Powered wrote:

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

You can't be serious!
I hardly think that the reference was to
cloudy skies, it was clearly a transparent reference to our
country being portrayed as evil, but tolerable just long
enough to snap some pictures before going back to a place of
enlightenment on the other side of the pond, and frankly, the
more rebuttals I read the more I feel this great country is
being maligned by the very people who benefit from their
relationship with us economically, politically, and
militarily (for protection against a strategic threat).

Having spent the last three months living with the same
lighting conditions as can be seen in most of Glenn's
photographs from Waddington, Duxford, Farnborough and
Coventry, it just seemed more likely that the comment referred
to the part of the world where the photographs were taken than
to a different part of the world entirely.

Then it should have been so stated and not looking like he was
stooping low to condescend to come to the United States and get
the hell back as soon as possible. Lots of people have come to
his defense on this, but if your version is truer than mine, why
hasn't he responded? I think we all know.

Old August 28th 08, 05:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike Henley

Then it should have been so stated and not looking like he was
stooping low to condescend to come to the United States and get
the hell back as soon as possible. Lots of people have come to
his defense on this, but if your version is truer than mine, why
hasn't he responded? I think we all know.

HP, aka Jerry

Hemi, you're an idiot. You're probably the only American that thinks Glenn
was bad-mouthing the USA.

You're so busy stepping on ****-ants that you can't see the elephants.

Old August 28th 08, 06:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
Mike Henley added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

This is a lot of ****ing and moaning about a single statement
made by someone who posts regularly on this NG.

There didn't have to be, if the OP had simply apologized for making
a bigoted remark. I will not stand for disparagement of my country
and/or it's elected leaders, especially from twits who don't even
live here.

On behalf of your country, I apologise for you.

Old August 28th 08, 06:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

HEMI-Powered wrote:

What exactly does "the darker side of the world" mean?

You can't be serious! I hardly think that the reference was to
cloudy skies, it was clearly a transparent reference to our country
being portrayed as evil, but tolerable just long enough to snap
some pictures before going back to a place of enlightment on the
other side of the pond, and frankly, the more rebuttals I read the
more I feel this great country is being maligned by the very people
who benefit from their relationship with us economically,
politically, and militarily (for protection against a strategic
threat).

Seriously, are you still harping a on about this.
I already stated why I said it.
has nothing to do with your country being evil.
I think your comments are more portraying your country in a bad light than
anything I say.

You need to grow up.