Ren Yenc

Old September 1st 08, 01:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
michael hoare

Default Ren Yenc

I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point of
encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does it
serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont see
the point of it all
Mick H

Old September 1st 08, 02:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_2_] Canuck[_2_] is offline
Banned

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does
it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont
see the point of it all
Mick H

I have to agree. YENC is not a great format. Just use jpg like everyone else
please.

Nick

Old September 1st 08, 02:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SKUNK WORKS

because they are dickheads of the worst kind and don't want you to see the
photos they post ****em and aggravate the hell out of the good posters in
here.

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does
it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont
see the point of it all
Mick H

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DICK HEADjpg.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	72.2 KB
ID:	28432
Old September 1st 08, 02:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Canuck added these comments in the current discussion du jour

I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to
see the point of encrypting entries so that they cant be
viewed without downloading some other crap to view them
....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does it serve
besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really
dont see the point of it all
Mick H

I have to agree. YENC is not a great format. Just use jpg like
everyone else please.

yEnc is an encoding scheme, not a graphics format. It can be used
to post any type of binary. It's primary advantage is a reduction
in the as-posted size of a file by some 39% over the more common
Uuencode. It seems that the most often cited reason for universal
hatred of yEnc is that Outhouse Depressed doesn't support it, a
rather weak argument at best.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Old September 1st 08, 03:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman Mitchell Holman is offline
Banned

"michael hoare" wrote in
:

I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the
point of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without
downloading some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it
..what purpose does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the
pics i really dont see the point of it all
Mick H

And then there is the issue of flooding.

What is wrong with posting just a dozen or so
images per day? Is there some urgency that requires
a whole series to uploaded all at once?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg motivator.jpg (66.7 KB, 79 views)
Old September 1st 08, 03:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Chris D

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading some
other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose does
it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really dont
see the point of it all
Mick H

I don't like it either. But after missing heaps of posts, I gave up and
ended up downloading a small program from the sight attached below. It
creates a shortcut on the desk top called 'OeyEnc Loader' which opens
'Outlook Express' and allows it to read yEnc post so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading.

http://www.mutexed.com/code/OeyEnc/#faq

Regards....Chris

Old September 1st 08, 04:31 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Therefore

The whole thing is a bloody nuisance - flooding the group with a useless
number of downloads. It spoils an otherwise enjoyable evening for me

.....................Leslie

u...

Old September 1st 08, 06:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Martin Helms

"Chris D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
u...

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading
some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose
does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really
dont see the point of it all
Mick H

I don't like it either. But after missing heaps of posts, I gave up and
ended up downloading a small program from the sight attached below. It
creates a shortcut on the desk top called 'OeyEnc Loader' which opens
'Outlook Express' and allows it to read yEnc post so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading.

This is exactly the same I am using, however, the problem with the most
recent YEnc posts lies within you last sentence, "so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading".
Unfortunately, the person posting it (oh so wiesly chosing yEnc as a handle)
ignored this most important rule about yEnc.

It is imparative the term is to be included in the subject line so that
either we can read the posts or others, who simply do not wish to read yEn
posts at all (for w/e reason) can properly filter them.

Some folks really seem to be lacking certain manners... :/

Old September 1st 08, 08:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

michael hoare wrote:
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the
point of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without
downloading some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it
..what purpose does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view
the pics i really dont see the point of it all
Mick H

Mike,

Their loss that you don't view them. I have the means to see all of them.
But I fully agree with you that they should consider others when posting.
Lots of folks are still on dial-up....money the economy or whatever.
These are the folks I feel for.
Some folks are not internet savvy and that's okay, but you and others
have made it to the newsgroups and I think that's great.
There is absolutely NO need for folks to invest in software or newsgroup
providers if their ISP carries newsgroups. I do however have XNEWS and
that's great for viewing and it's free.
I think the biggest gripe is that the power posters don't even include
an index. If they did then you could choose the photos that you wanted
to download.
Indexes are easy to make......it just boils down to lazyness. It's sad
that the time and effort that folks take to post the stuff and more than
half will not view them. Sad!
Now I'm sure that someone will come along and say tough. But that just
shows how selfish the person is. I know one that will bite on this post
in a milliesecond...lol

JRW
Old September 1st 08, 08:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

And then there is the issue of flooding.

What is wrong with posting just a dozen or so
images per day? Is there some urgency that requires
a whole series to uploaded all at once?

Flooding, well okay, *but at least provide indexes*. Then at least you
can choose what you want to see.
Frankly I, along with others don't even look. The few loud mouths that
do THINK they speak for the rest of us, look...lol
You would think, after all the DON'T DO IT posts they'd get a clue.
No, it's pure to disrupt and gain attention. Nothing else. They do it
because they can, and don't give a flying whazzo if anyone looks at
their posts.
They post on topic, but don't give a **** about the most of the folks
that would view them.
I agree a few dozen a day is best.
No one is "waiting" for these. A few posts like you said per day would
be great.
You'll never change their spots....killfile is the best. Damn shame!