When did this group change from?

Old September 2nd 08, 03:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

Default When did this group change from?

When I first discovered this group it was a place for aviation
enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show your photos and a place
to share original work. When did this group change from that to a group
that you flood with photos from other sources? Must be all those young
computer geeks that spend so much time in front of the computer that
they don't have time nor the talent to get a camera and take some photos
of their own. Soon when all us who still shoot are dead and gone all we
will have is others posting our work and all the originality will be
gone It is a shame.
Old September 2nd 08, 03:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Maple1 added these comments in the current discussion du jour

When I first discovered this group it was a place for aviation
enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show your photos
and a place to share original work. When did this group change
from that to a group that you flood with photos from other
sources? Must be all those young computer geeks that spend so
much time in front of the computer that they don't have time
nor the talent to get a camera and take some photos of their
own. Soon when all us who still shoot are dead and gone all we
will have is others posting our work and all the originality
will be gone It is a shame.

What difference does it make if an OP posts his or her own photos
or whether they post scans or pictures gleaned from other places?
It seems to me that so long as they are on-topic and have something
to do with aviation in the broadest sense, why isn't that OK? This
bigoted view reminds me of the change from aeronautical engineer to
aerospace engineer in deference to the space race, so why is it bad
to post pictures of NASA vehicles so long as they're of reasonable
size and in JPEG format? If you want only original works, I think
you'll find that the amount of content posted will drop off
dramatically to the detriment of the group.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Old September 2nd 08, 04:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Maple1

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles, or
identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is the
corresponding state of mind. Bigot is often used as a pejorative term
against a person who is obstinately devoted to prejudices even when
these views are challenged or proven to be false or not universally
applicable or acceptable.

So what is bigotted about asking a question?

It is not that that is what I want I am asking a question when did this
group go from enthusiests to people posting work from web government web
sites? I could care less if J-3 posted every photo from Nasa USAF and
the USN it is up to him. If he wants to waste his time that is his
choice. If he wants to be some use to this ( What used to be a great
group of enthusiest) Groupe he should pick up a camera and take some
photos and flood the group with his own works so we can all praise him.

Old September 2nd 08, 05:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Maple1" wrote in message
When I first discovered this group it was a place for aviation enthusiasts
to share their work. A place to show your photos and a place to share
original work. When did this group change from that to a group that you
flood with photos from other sources? Must be all those young computer
geeks that spend so much time in front of the computer that they don't
have time nor the talent to get a camera and take some photos of their
own. Soon when all us who still shoot are dead and gone all we will have
is others posting our work and all the originality will be gone It is a
shame.

This same argument was made over at a.b.p.animals on several occasions.
There is a group called a.b.p.animals.original - maybe the same applies for
aviation.

To continue the same argument here... where does it say the images have to
be original? As long as they are on-topic, there should be no problem. As
has been noted on .animals, not all of the images shown on this group have
ever been original - you might want to talk to Mitchell about original
works - he's been posting here for some years now and he's not the only one.

Also, if it is original work, you are placing that on a public-access
newsgroup; therefore, you have little say in what is actually done to your
images after they are posted - how do you prove that you took them? There
is no copyright info attached; nobody can contact the OP (both Original
Poster and Original Producer) to ask for permission. Do you really think
people are simple looking at these images? I have collected litterally
thousands of images over the years - no way of telling who the OP is or was.

Old September 2nd 08, 05:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause problems (aka
"troll").

Old September 2nd 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
[...]

I see your still bitching about other peoples views.

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Old September 2nd 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Glenn" wrote in message

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Like I said to Maple1 - don't worry about HEMI - he's just a troll. I
suggest the application of your killfile in his instance.

Old September 2nd 08, 06:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Glenn" wrote in message

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Like I said to Maple1 - don't worry about HEMI - he's just a troll. I
suggest the application of your killfile in his instance.

Oh I don't mind educating the uneducated at times.
I like to be friendly and helpful at all times ;-)

Old September 2nd 08, 06:15 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Maple1 added these comments in the current discussion du jour

A bigot is a person who is intolerant of opinions, lifestyles,
or identities differing from his or her own, and bigotry is
the corresponding state of mind. Bigot is often used as a
pejorative term against a person who is obstinately devoted to
prejudices even when these views are challenged or proven to
be false or not universally applicable or acceptable.

A bigot is someone with such short-sighted views that they
discriminate and denigrate anyone who doesn't agree with them.

So what is bigotted about asking a question?

It's the way a question is asked that tells the tale.

It is not that that is what I want I am asking a question when
did this group go from enthusiests to people posting work from
web government web sites? I could care less if J-3 posted
every photo from Nasa USAF and the USN it is up to him. If he
wants to waste his time that is his choice. If he wants to be
some use to this ( What used to be a great group of
enthusiest) Groupe he should pick up a camera and take some
photos and flood the group with his own works so we can all
praise him.

You haven't made a credible case yet as to why it matters if a
poster does his own photography, posts scans, or posts pictures
from some other place. Your views here are so strident and so
truculant that besides being a bigot, I see you're also a
misanthrope. You and the others deserve each other because, in
case you haven't noticed, you've defined a clique and are trying
to drive off those who don't agree by negative peer pressure.
That is wrong, inconsiderate, and downright rude.

Old September 2nd 08, 06:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Alan Erskine added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause
problems (aka "troll").

Alan, you've proven again that you're nothing but a ****ing moron.
So, my advice to you is Shut The **** Up and go the **** away,
nobody gives a Flying **** what you think or say. Got it yet,
imbecile?

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 03:12 PM
Last Change for Top Gun Zomby Woof Simulators 3 October 1st 05 04:20 AM
[igc-discuss] To change or not to change... rules ? Denis Soaring 0 February 16th 05 08:24 PM
Oil change. Tony Cox Owning 14 October 20th 04 04:31 PM
change of name. M. H. Greaves Military Aviation 6 April 10th 04 04:49 PM