When did this group change from?

Old September 2nd 08, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Default When did this group change from?

Glenn added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message
Maple1 added these comments in the current discussion du jour

When I first discovered this group it was a place for
aviation enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show
your photos and a place to share original work. When did
this group change from that to a group that you flood with
photos from other sources? Must be all those young computer
geeks that spend so much time in front of the computer that
they don't have time nor the talent to get a camera and take
some photos of their own. Soon when all us who still shoot
are dead and gone all we will have is others posting our
work and all the originality will be gone It is a shame.

What difference does it make if an OP posts his or her own
photos or whether they post scans or pictures gleaned from
other places? It seems to me that so long as they are
on-topic and have something to do with aviation in the
broadest sense, why isn't that OK? This bigoted view reminds
me of the change from aeronautical engineer to aerospace
engineer in deference to the space race, so why is it bad
to post pictures of NASA vehicles so long as they're of
reasonable size and in JPEG format? If you want only original
works, I think you'll find that the amount of content posted
will drop off dramatically to the detriment of the group.

I see your still bitching about other peoples views.

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Not hardly. What I'm doing is challenging the very bigotry you
seem to be defending, including your own cheap shots.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

Old September 2nd 08, 06:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Alan Erskine added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

"Glenn" wrote in message

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Like I said to Maple1 - don't worry about HEMI - he's just a
troll. I suggest the application of your killfile in his
instance.

And, like I said to you, Alan, **** Off.

Old September 2nd 08, 06:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

"Maple1" wrote in message
When I first discovered this group it was a place for
aviation enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show
your photos and a place to share original work. When did this
group change from that to a group that you flood with photos
from other sources? Must be all those young computer geeks
that spend so much time in front of the computer that they
don't have time nor the talent to get a camera and take some
photos of their own. Soon when all us who still shoot are
dead and gone all we will have is others posting our work and
all the originality will be gone It is a shame.

This same argument was made over at a.b.p.animals on several
occasions. There is a group called a.b.p.animals.original -
maybe the same applies for aviation.

To continue the same argument here... where does it say the
images have to be original? As long as they are on-topic,
there should be no problem. As has been noted on .animals,
not all of the images shown on this group have ever been
original - you might want to talk to Mitchell about original
works - he's been posting here for some years now and he's not
the only one.

Also, if it is original work, you are placing that on a
public-access newsgroup; therefore, you have little say in
what is actually done to your images after they are posted -
how do you prove that you took them? There is no copyright
info attached; nobody can contact the OP (both Original Poster
and Original Producer) to ask for permission. Do you really
think people are simple looking at these images? I have
collected litterally thousands of images over the years - no
way of telling who the OP is or was.

This is exactly my point and for them who strongly disagree, I
will again call them bigots for having such narrow views.

Old September 2nd 08, 07:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:31:32 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause problems (aka
"troll").

So, Alan, have you contacted Newsguy about my 'forged' headers yet?

Old September 2nd 08, 07:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

[...]

well the advice was free but if you think they were cheap, I look forward to
your payment.

Old September 2nd 08, 07:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

"Glenn" wrote in message
Oh I don't mind educating the uneducated at times.
I like to be friendly and helpful at all times ;-)

I appreciate your effort, but it's a lost cause in the case of all trolls
like HEMI.

Old September 2nd 08, 08:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
L_E_E

"Alan Erskine" wrote in news:6F3vk.33078
:

"Glenn" wrote in message

"HEMI-Powered" wrote in message

Kinda makes you the Bigot doesn't it.

Like I said to Maple1 - don't worry about HEMI - he's just a troll. I
suggest the application of your killfile in his instance.

Yeah, we know how effective those kill-filters are.

Hey Einstein, I'm still waiting for:

either a letter of complaint from NewsGuy about what
you falsely accused me of (forging headers),

*OR*

your admission of lying and an apology to the group
for being a liar.

(crickets STILL chirping)

Who is the real troll, Einstein?

-----------------------
Here's *my* funny sig from an ABPA thread on 08/16/08:
Alan Erskine says... "I've got an IQ of 151"
"I'm in the 99th percentile for my age group - that's the top 1 percent"
(nice math there, Einstein!) "I doubt very strongly that you know
anyone in my range of IQ" (Thankfully, NO!)
Lee discussing newsserver retention:
"...I can go back about 6 months..."
Alan Erskine interrupts with:
"Why should we wait for six months to download an image
that was posted yesterday?"
Old September 2nd 08, 08:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Glenn[_2_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in message
"Glenn" wrote in message
Oh I don't mind educating the uneducated at times.
I like to be friendly and helpful at all times ;-)

I appreciate your effort, but it's a lost cause in the case of all trolls
like HEMI.

Nothing is a lost cause Alan if at the end of it it makes you smile :-)

Old September 2nd 08, 09:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee**[_2_]

"Alan Erskine" wrote in
:

"Maple1" wrote in message

Don't worry about this HEMI idiot he does nothing but cause problems
(aka "troll").

Well Einstein, I see that the heilan' laddie is
still here. I'm still here.

Unfortunately, you're still here.

You owe both of us an apology. You *are* a liar
and we *caught you* in your lie.

Would you like the evidence be re-posted for all
to see? I can certainly do that! Not only do I have
copies, I have a real news-service account.

We asked you to "put up or shut up." Being a low-
life troll, you chose neither. Gutless, very gutless.
Not a man at all.

Since you won't apologize to either of us directly,
why don't you apologize to the entire group for lying.

Gutless eunuch. You're a shiver looking for a spine
to crawl up.

You'd best be the one to STFU in this NG from now on.
I'll make it my life's mission to educate everyone,
everywhere you go, about what a lying troll you
actually are, Mr.IQ.

---------------------
Old September 2nd 08, 10:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Neil Hoskins

"Maple1" wrote in message
> [...]

So killfile them if you don't like it. If that's not good enough, organise
a FAQ.

asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 03:12 PM
Last Change for Top Gun Zomby Woof Simulators 3 October 1st 05 04:20 AM
[igc-discuss] To change or not to change... rules ? Denis Soaring 0 February 16th 05 08:24 PM
Oil change. Tony Cox Owning 14 October 20th 04 04:31 PM
change of name. M. H. Greaves Military Aviation 6 April 10th 04 04:49 PM