some planes [55 of 56] "wlhj_clart035_wwllerawindtunnel.jpg" yEnc (2/2)

Old August 17th 09, 02:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
no name

Default some planes [55 of 56] "wlhj_clart035_wwllerawindtunnel.jpg" yEnc (2/2)

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wlhj_clart035_wwllerawindtunnel.jpg (79.5 KB, 54 views)
Old August 17th 09, 06:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
D Wright

Default yenc

Here we go ....... getting flooded with that "yenc" crap again. Why
can't people who play with that stuff just submit a few good examples,
instead of dumping their entire portfolio? Not surprising the offender
doesn't have the stones to sign his/her name.
Old August 17th 09, 07:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

"D Wright" wrote in message
Here we go ....... getting flooded with that "yenc" crap again. Why can't
people who play with that stuff just submit a few good examples, instead
of dumping their entire portfolio? Not surprising the offender doesn't
have the stones to sign his/her name.

I only take a couple minutes to add the name to the filter, then gone
forever...
--
Jim in NC

Old August 18th 09, 06:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:42:27 -0400, D Wright wrote
(in article ):

Here we go ....... getting flooded with that "yenc" crap again. Why
can't people who play with that stuff just submit a few good examples,
instead of dumping their entire portfolio? Not surprising the offender
doesn't have the stones to sign his/her name.

Well, some of us might be able to repost 'em without using yENC... if we gave
a damn. Ain't gonna happen given the behaviour of certain anti-yENC clowns
around here. You don't see the pics. Pity.

Old August 20th 09, 02:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mike the Brewer[_5_]

"hielan' laddie" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:42:27 -0400, D Wright wrote
(in article ):

Here we go ....... getting flooded with that "yenc" crap again. Why
can't people who play with that stuff just submit a few good examples,
instead of dumping their entire portfolio? Not surprising the offender
doesn't have the stones to sign his/her name.

Well, some of us might be able to repost 'em without using yENC... if we
gave
a damn. Ain't gonna happen given the behaviour of certain anti-yENC clowns
around here. You don't see the pics. Pity.

I can post perfectly good images which everyone can see without having to
decode, good quality can be posted these days in .jpg files without
resorting to some kind of encoding.........so why do
it?.......................................As my wise teacher said many years
ago "The bog mindles"

Old August 20th 09, 03:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_3_]

Sj wrote in
:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 02:24:26 +0100, "Mike the Brewer"
wrote:

[...]

All your posting software encodes ... MIME, UUencode, yEnc ...

Most news readers will decode all of them ... it's just that MS
does not support yEnc ...

Years ago, Free Agent only decoded UUencode ... since many
were posting in MIME, I moved the Agent ... when yEnc showed
up, I upgraded to Agent 1.93 ...

Sj

Xnews decodes them all.

And for free, too..........

Old August 20th 09, 04:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Morgans[_2_]

Years ago, Free Agent only decoded UUencode ... since many
were posting in MIME, I moved the Agent ... when yEnc showed
up, I upgraded to Agent 1.93 ...

Even though many cars are now equipped to burn gasoline or propane,
gasoline is the choice most people choose to use.

Then someone comes along and says that propane is the better fuel to use. I
give rides to people, only if they give me propane for the ride in my car.
There are people that give rides for the rider putting gasoline in their
cars.

Don't ignore the fact that most people still use gasoline in their cars.
You can't ignore that, or change it. They like the gasoline choice, and it
is easy to deal with. Some people can just barely figure out how to put gas
in their cars, and will not be bothered with another way to fuel their car.
It works like it is, so why try to fix something that isn't broken?

So the person getting the ride is given the choice of finding someone to buy
propane from, or to get a gadget that changes gasoline into propane, or to
just get a ride from someone who uses gas in their car, and forget about the
person that uses propane.

What would you do? How does this not compute for some people? Use
something that everyone can see, or just accept the fact that some people
are not going to use your (propane.)
--
Jim in NC

Old August 20th 09, 07:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:19:13 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

[...]

Can't resist the urge to point out the key word "give" in your post.
Folks who post here - especially those who post their own original
images - are giving them to us. If they use a bit too much tape on
the wrapping paper, you could always demand your free back... ;^}

That said, the general request here is that yEnc be avoided, and I
don'thave a problem with that.

Bob ^,,^

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CC-115_442Sq_115456_YXX_8-77_1.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	37708
Old August 20th 09, 01:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 21:24:26 -0400, Mike the Brewer wrote
(in article ):

[...]

Every single binary posted to USENET is encoded in some way. All of them.
It's just that MSOE knows about some encoding methods but not others, while
real NNTP clients know about the others.

If you don't wish to use yENC, that is of course your choice. I prefer to use
it. That is _my_ choice. You no like? Me no care.

Old August 20th 09, 01:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:19:13 -0400, Morgans wrote
(in article ):

What would you do? How does this not compute for some people? Use
something that everyone can see, or just accept the fact that some people
are not going to use your (propane.)

I would use what I want to use... and if someone else doesn't like it, well
either they can walk or they can do things my way. Pick one. I see no reason
to change.